StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but that's just about too much for me to handle. A motorcycle referred to as Glee?:confused: Nope, not for me.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Then don't use the term.

:beatdeadhorse5:

·
Registered
858 Posts
what motorcycle is called the glee?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe it's the hotly debated discussion regarding what to call the 2012 Wee, mentioned, among other places, here.

The whole debate is more than worth it, especially when we get quotes like this one:

...my DL-650 which I have adamantly refused to describe with urological terms lo these five years.
Carry on. :thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I believe it's the hotly debated discussion regarding what to call the 2012 Wee, mentioned, among other places, here.

The whole debate is more than worth it, especially when we get quotes like this one:

Carry on. :thumbup:
Where do you find this crap?

I think the new one should be called "The Frenulum" or "D'he'hel Xicz-Phyphteagh".

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then don't use the term.

:beatdeadhorse5:
GW: I mean no disrepect, certainly not to you, or anyone else, for that matter, that chooses to trade up to the new model year. As you've so sincintly pointed out, I just can't...please accept my apology if I've offended you.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I used to be a dental assistant to help pay the bills as a college student. I once assisted in the removal of part of a labial (no, not that one) frenulum that was causing a maxillary central incisor gap. It was the bloodiest procedure I'd seen. Lauren Hutton, Madonna, Michael Strahan and David Letterman chose no corrective measures. The Governator had his done. Gleeful people are aware of their smile. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I just can't see telling my Harley CVO buddies that I spent the day
"Farkeling my Glee" :jawdrop:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I just can't see telling my Harley CVO buddies that I spent the day
"Farkeling my Glee" :jawdrop:
I can't imagine having Harley CVO buddies.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I once assisted in the removal of part of a labial (no, not that one) frenulum that was causing a maxillary central incisor gap. It was the bloodiest procedure I'd seen.
Dammit Pat, you just seem to have all the fun now, don't you?

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
Pat, I respect you hugely! I think you are an amazing person on the forum and even more so in person! But with all respect I hope this name doesn't stick.

I am man enough to say that I watch and enjoy the show "Glee". I don't think it is quite as enjoyable as it was the first year but I still watch and enjoy.

And as much as I watch and enjoy the show, I don't think that this is an appropriate name for the NewStrom. The name "Glee" doesn't even make sense to me, it seems way too contrived and doesn't actually reflect anything about the bike.

The name "Wee", which I have never been crazy about, comes as a result of a Scotish guy commenting on the smaller engined Strom ( the dl650) and using a common expression Scotts use called it the "Wee Strom". It sounded kind of neat and was a natural expression which also had a double meaning so it stuck and many used it. As I said I'm not crazy about it but grudgingly accept it.

I have heard the justification for "Glee" coming from "Gladius" and "Wee" but I suspect that most won't make the association. I also suspect that the Gladius won't be around nearly as long as the Strom will so the association will be lost in time in any event.

I just can't see anything good in the name.

:)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
It's all a riff off of the term "Wee".......

The new engine, from the Gladius, is the mining grounds for the 2012's nicknaming.

I would fashion an easy term that would look something like "Weenius", or the snappier "Weenus" ......sounds a bit phallically Roman no matter how ya slice it.......

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Somewhere, there is a forlorn padded room pining for his Kenneth.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.