StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"it’s likely to use the Gladius platform"
What does that mean? This is a quote from the new upcoming mysterious blurp that we are seeing.

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Also probably means it will be a flop for Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Brian, you are simply not a "glass half full" kinda guy are you. Most of your posts I have seen are very negative. Cheer up man, life is not all that bad mate :hurray:
Well...Gladius sales figures certainly aren't much cheer for Suzuki.
He just told the truth.

But yeah...might as well merge all the threads and keep it all in one place.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brian, you are simply not a "glass half full" kinda guy are you. Most of your posts I have seen are very negative. Cheer up man, life is not all that bad mate :hurray:
The Glad is pretty much the Taurus of the bike world; good idea badly executed.

Hopefully Suzuki will understand that styling is a big part of any bike and not screw up the DL650 re-work.... .... but I'm not holding my breath!

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Prepare for Gheystrom

They took one of their most popular models SV650 and screwed it over

Now the same team will create the DL for Manhattan

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Sad that looks could doom an adventure bike. I know I sure as hell didn't choose a Strom because I was worried about how I'd look on it. Where I ride, there's no one to see me, anyway.

Newslfash: we all look like dorks in space suits.

·
Administrator
13,691 Posts
Sad that looks could doom an adventure bike. I know I sure as hell didn't choose a Strom because I was worried about how I'd look on it. Where I ride, there's no one to see me, anyway.

Newslfash: we all look like dorks in space suits.
Now that "Adventure Bikes" have become close to a mainstream category in some places the bikes and riders have to have a certain "look". Being a good bike simply isn't enough for the in-crowd of adventure riders.

We have to be "fashionable" dorks riding "stylish" ugly bikes or we just won't be accepted at Starbucks.

..Tom

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Glass is usually needing refilled, so you are right.:yesnod: Nah I am a very jolly cheerful fellow, but Suzuki irritates me with their lack of focus on bikes that we actually want.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Now that "Adventure Bikes" have become close to a mainstream category in some places the bikes and riders have to have a certain "look". Being a good bike simply isn't enough for the in-crowd of adventure riders.

We have to be "fashionable" dorks riding "stylish" ugly bikes or we just won't be accepted at Starbucks.

..Tom
So true.... I frequent a local cigar shop all the time and the owner was telling me some guys (who I don't know at all) were just talking about me the other day. Really.... what'd they say. They said I bet Mark is one of those guys with all the pretty gear and sits outside Starbucks and sips Lattes with other similar folk. Owner said.... No that's not him.... you wouldn't say that if you saw what he rides (Orange Strom) and how he rolls.... It'll be 19 deg out blowing snow and he's in this jacket as bright as the sun and these big muffs over his handlebars (hippo Hands).... I don't think he cares what he looks like. I have a whole group of State Trooper buddies (all Harley guys) who frequent the shop also and they literally get off the couch and bow down when I ride up on days like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts