StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried to fit a complete gixxer front end (tripples,wheels,brakes..etc..) on the DL650 ???? I would love to get a radial mounted, upside down fork front end on the wee....also with the 17" wheel I could get better tires....

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've seen people put an SV650 front end on them. They look alittle odd with the 17 inch from wheel though. IMO, just get a set of Sonic springs, heavier oil, and some sportier tires. I know just the springs and oil are a great improvement.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The V-Strom has much longer forks and more suspension travel, such a swap would seriously change the front end geometry in a big way, and probably not for the better. Some riders will raise the forks in the triple clamps to quicken steering, and 15mm is considered the maximum you want to go. Gixxer forks are much shorter than that, and that would make the bike a handful to ride.

BTW, I don't think people do a complete front end swap with an SV650, they just swap the front wheel (which is a direct bolt-on fit, IIRC).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry, you're right, now that I think about it.. It was just the front wheel and fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts