StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock seat was good for a few hours riding. Too soft. Hurt the tailbone. :yikes:

I bought a Corbin Leather seat. Very good quality. Comfortable to ride on, but sits me back an inch and down an inch, which gave me problems with reaching the bars, reaching the pegs and putting my legs down at lights.

:headbang:

Thought about all the other models and mods out there and decided, if i want this to be fixed once and for all i need to get the best, and everyone says Russell Day Long is the best. So giving it a shot.

:yesnod:

I'm slated for End of April now, unless there are some cancellations or no shows and it gets bumped up.. Hay, it could happen. :thumbup:

I only really need the seat in July when i'm on the road for 3 weeks. The stock seat is good enough for in town riding and the odd short haul.

I will be posting the Corbin for sale soon as well as the peg extenders.

:biggrinjester: :hurray:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
The Russell is gonna make reaching the ground a problem. What I did was remove the rubber shims under the seat to lower it a bit until it was broken in -- it takes 2,000 miles to break it in.

It's fine now and the rubber shims are back in place.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
The Russell is gonna make reaching the ground a problem.
Unless he's 6'-5" like me, then you hardly notice the difference reaching for the ground.

You're gonna love the Russell !!!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
The Russell was extremely comfortable on my 03 1000. Not so much on my BMW K1200LT.

Wish I still had the Russell for my 07 1000....

You will probably love it.. Might be the best money spent on a MC..

·
Registered
522 Posts
Modified Stock seat for my "Strom and it works fine on <250 odd mile days.

Have Russel on my FJR and it works great regardless of whether it is a Saddlesore 1000 day or a commute to the office.

It is the best seat I have ever had and despite the cost I will probably end up getting one for my DL sooner or later. Just too good not to have if you ride regularly.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Russell........

I sent Russell Day Long an email a few months back for a quote on a seat. They said they "build the seat specific to my fit" and for me to send them my measurements............so I did:

Going on 5 months now...........no reply?????????? :biggrinjester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts