StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 1st post here, I was on the other forum and just found this great site. I just picked up my yellow 08 a couple of weeks ago, my question is I ordered a givi windscreen and it hits my mirrors and I can't lock the bikes steering not to mention other hassles from not being able to go full turn. Does anyone elses windscreen hit the mirrors? BTW I have a madstad coming.
Thanks John

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Try rotating the mirrors back where they attach to the bars, then adjust them at the mirror end of the stem to get the right view angle. That should give you a bit more clearance.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Yeah, that's an issue with the GIVI - but it's not too hard to fiddle with the mirrors as GM suggested and get your full lock-to-lock steering back, with functional mirrors, too. It'll probably take a couple of attempts..

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wouldn't adding the Madstad push the windscreen out an inch or 2, helping the Givi clear the mirrors when the steering is turned? I have a Givi on a Madstad and there is no problem with it contacting the mirrors.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Wouldn't adding the Madstad push the windscreen out an inch or 2, helping the Givi clear the mirrors when the steering is turned? I have a Givi on a Madstad and there is no problem with it contacting the mirrors.
Yep. But if the rider is otherwise happy with the Givi, seems like the other suggestions here would be a lot cheaper (free)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the same screen

Mine will not touch the mirors but it does come close. I also have the Madstad installed as well. Love the combination! I also have 1 inch risers installed too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think a lot of it depends on how the handlebars were mounted. My handguards used to hit the console when I first got it from the dealer. Simple rotating of the bars fixed it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just put a Givi on my Madstad yesterday, and there's about 1" of clearance on each side at full lock. Since you're getting the Madstad anyway, I think you'll be fine with it.

I currently have the Madstad bolted on at the medium setting, but will try the lowest setting tonight. The top of the screen is just barely below my line of sight and is distracting (I'm 5'11").

I did notice that all of the air that used to hit me in the shoulders (generated from between the mirrors and the edge of the OEM windscreen) now rushes past the sides of my helmet instead. Much quieter, and the windblast now missing from my shoulders is very noticeable.

Me likey!

FWIW

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't have a Givi, but when I swapped to a lower, flatter bar I had hitting problems with the guards & mirrors.

I added 2 little stick on silicone bumpers to the steering stops.
I hardly notice the reduced steering lock and it has a neat dampened feel now rather than a hard bang when you do hit the stops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts