StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot of posted on the best setup and for the best setup for me I was thinking E55 (top), and for the sides a E45 and E36. I have seen this setup in pictures and the bike looks very symmetrical and give the best use of space instead of going with two 36L.

I will be slowly buying everything so my wife don't have a heart ache so I wanted to get the E55 now so I can get rid of the backpack. But from what I am reading there is a weight limit. I wanted to use this to carry a 13 inch laptop, work shoes, clothes, lunch and rain gear (maybe keep it all in the backpack and just pull it out.) At work I would store my jacket and helmet.
Other uses would be to pick up a few things at the store, light shopping so I could leave the cage at home. ANd when riding with my wife (her bike has no storage right not) we could put the helmet in the Givi an walk around.

Will this case do what I want it too? Around the area I hit 70 max but don't need to loss the case with my work computer in it.

Also I am slowing getting her use to the idea of long trips so in the future (later this year) I wanted to do a few over nighters and the top case would come in handy. Next year would be trips to FL and or NY so I would be getting the side cases then.

Let me know what you put in yours, I would hate to fork over the money and then end up not using the case because it won't suit my needs.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Everybody overloads their bags. Givi's official ratings say the E52's can only handle their own weight for example. Make sure to limit top case load weight as much as possible as it is farthest from the center of gravity and you don't want the tail wagging the dog. I just use mine to handle riding gear as it is low density and top box access is easier when grabbing stuff like rain gear and jacket liners. Also keep your speed down below 80-85mph.

·
Registered
79 Posts
weight

I have the givi trekker on the back of my Wee and I carry everything from my 15" laptop to a full load of grocieries, from my riding gear to 24 packs of...beverages. I haven't had any major issues yet but it is noticable during slow steep turns and windy conditions. For extra reassurance I did get the adventure moto givi mount since it's made of metal and very sturdy. Might be somthing worth checking out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The 55L has a 10kg weight capacity (22lb). I carry that same load (13" laptop, lunch, gym clothes, etc etc) in my 3kg-rated case.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the JC Whitney 46L (large) topcase, and have carried (7) 2 liter bottles of soda in it. I have been abusing it like this for 2 years with no adverse effects.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Go to Givi.it and choose language at the top of the page to switch to English. Givi used to have different weight limits posted for each case. The E52's was the same as the empty case which was hilarious. You could carry the E52 but put nothing in it. Now it looks like they are posting 10kg for every case. Suzuki posts a 10kg limit for the luggage rack so you'd have to subtract the weight of the case and mount from that. Like I said, nobody follows the weight reccomendations. Just do your best to keep the weight low and forward. A tank bag sits right on top of the center of mass so is a good place for denser stuff if the bag can be well anchored.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts