StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of their mounted Happy Trails SL racks w/o bags attached? Love to see them. Plan on using old Nelson Rigg 850 bags from ex-KLR. Happy website shows them on a KLR, but not on a wee. Thinking maybe go with Givi racks because they are cheaper. Will Givi racks advertised as for a 2009 still fit a 2011? Need a little guidance from the gurus. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Here are some pics of my Happy Trails racks. I have a too tube attached on the left one. They mount with bolts at the passenger footpeg, a connector at the front mounting point of the tail rack, at the upper rear mounting point of the exhaust (right), at a fender mounting point (left), and a cross bar that joins the left and right along the back.

Left

Right

Cross Bar

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a cool looking tube mud puddle. I have wondered if it were possible to have one that would mimic the exhaust from behind, and now I have my answer. Is it home made?

·
Registered
244 Posts
just a note... HT no longer fabricate their racks with the pre-welded tool tube bracket installed. I.E., the left side is just like the right side. I'm not sure if they've updated their web site yet or not.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
The tool tube is an old GSXR-1000 exhaust I got from the local dealers trash bin. About $8 in PVC pipe end cap and $8 in stainless hardware.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pictures and info. I have ordered the Givi racks. Now I may have to look into the tubes as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts