StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

First off, hello to all my fellow stromtroopers :wink2:

So I almost have my 650XT for a year now. I bought the Givi TRK52 top case with the metal plate.
This year I want to travel more, so I need capacity .
I like the sw motech aluminium cases, the adventures are a bit expensive, so that brings me to the ION series.

I'd like to add 2x 37L cases, but I noticed that my givi is wider than the trax top case (60 cm vs 41 cm)
This could mean they would collide or I can't open the side cases with the top case mounted.

I can't find good pictures wich illustrate how high and wide the ION's go.
Does anybody have experience with this combination, or can someone do some measurements/photo's of the ION side cases on a 2017 V-strom 650 XT

The alternative is the TRK33, but I don't lithe the side opening, waterproofing and small top opening.
The price difference with removable carrier is marginal here in Belgium.

Thx for your comments.

Jef

·
Registered
469 Posts
Have you considered the Givi Dolomiti? Inexpensive if you order from Motostorm.it.

Don't underestimated the benefits of top-opening cases. I no longer have this matching top case. I opted for a larger Givi plastic one instead.

I was very disappointed in the TRK33. Don't do it. The walls are very thick which leaves little room inside. Plus they're heavy and side opening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts