StromTrooper banner

Givi Trekker Outback Cases 48L with a passenger.

2186 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bombomlee
Currently have a set of factory panniers they look like they will work well with a passenger. I found a set Givi Outback Trekkers and mounts for a very good deal. Wondering if they will work well while having a passenger aboard?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I have the trekker outback set (58l top, 37 panniers) and they work fine with my Mrs.

Added another pic with the 48 panniers, it's ridiculously wide at 1.15m

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
See less See more
Reactions: 1
Like @bombomlee I have the 37L side cases and they work well two up. I believe the 48 are just wider, so should be OK. Those 48s sure are wide, though.
In your first photo,what is the bike to the right of it?
In your first photo,what is the bike to the right of it?
Honda NC750X 2016

He's the owner of the 48L panniers and wanted to trade with my 37s hahah
I have the 48L Givi Outback Trekkers which came with the bike. They are too wide for me, I would gladly trade them for the 37L version if the opportunity presented.

Great cases though, you won’t be disappointed with the build quality.
Reactions: 1
The tops of my Kappa K-Force panniers (same as the Outbacks) sit high above the passenger seat on my bike. With my fat ass up front and my lovely wifes' skinny ass out back, she finds her legs wedged between my ass and the tops of the panniers. This was such a problem that we elected to purchase soft bags, which we can hang below the seat, when we are on bike runs together.

If you have a REALLY skinny ass and your passenger has REALLY skinny legs, you could get away with it.

The Givi/Kappa panniers are excellent and I recommend them. The soft bags that we picked up cost us $140.00 and solved the "wedged leg" issue. Now I'm good to go, single or two up.
The tops of my Kappa K-Force panniers (same as the Outbacks) sit high above the passenger seat on my bike. With my fat ass up front and my lovely wifes' skinny ass out back, she finds her legs wedged between my ass and the tops of the panniers. This was such a problem that we elected to purchase soft bags, which we can hang below the seat, when we are on bike runs together.

If you have a REALLY skinny ass and your passenger has REALLY skinny legs, you could get away with it.

The Givi/Kappa panniers are excellent and I recommend them. The soft bags that we picked up cost us $140.00 and solved the "wedged leg" issue. Now I'm good to go, single or two up.
See this is what’s scares me because I have the factory side cases and I don’t know if I should sell them go this route because I want to be able to use them when we are out touring.
See this is what’s scares me because I have the factory side cases and I don’t know if I should sell them go this route because I want to be able to use them when we are out touring.
If you are referring to the clam shell style panniers, I had them as well but I found them to be short on storage capacity and the lack of a suitable pannier liner didn't sit well with me either.

Ultimately, this is your decision, but my two bag system has worked very well for me and wasn't cost prohibitive.
If you are referring to the clam shell style panniers, I had them as well but I found them to be short on storage capacity and the lack of a suitable pannier liner didn't sit well with me either.

Ultimately, this is your decision, but my two bag system has worked very well for me and wasn't cost prohibitive.
For sure, the Mrs has small legs but I am a big boy lol. What height of seat were you running?
For sure, the Mrs has small legs but I am a big boy lol. What height of seat were you running?
I had the stock seat at the time but that wasn't the issue. My Mrs. is not the tallest lady on the planet. The seat height to footpeg ratio was the problem. If the passenger peg height was higher or she had longer legs (if only,.... sigh!!!) that may have changed her comfort levels.
Well my Mrs will not clear the trekkers. So I guess I’ll use the factory bags.
I had the stock seat at the time but that wasn't the issue. My Mrs. is not the tallest lady on the planet. The seat height to footpeg ratio was the problem. If the passenger peg height was higher or she had longer legs (if only,.... sigh!!!) that may have changed her comfort levels.
I have the same issue with my Mrs, gotta go visit the local welder to see if anything can be done about the passenger pegs :/
1 - 13 of 13 Posts