StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a new 650XT next month and want to have side cases to travel with my girlfriend two up. Trekker Outback looks interesting to me but I'm not sure about passenger comfort. Would it be enough room for feet on pegs so that passenger can put not only heel on it? Also I'm curious if top side of cases is comfortable for bottom side of legs. My girlfriend is 183 cm, I would really appreciate if someone of similar height makes a photo of the foot space.

Givi Trekker Dolomiti looks not so cool to me, but If they are more comfortable I would also consider that option. If you have it, please leave a comment.

Maybe I should give up the idea of hard cases and think more about soft panniers for traveling two up?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the hard plastic Plano type panniers, seems they were mounted really high so I simply drilled new holes so I could drop them about 3", that would be a possibility with some side cases.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have Kappa K-Venture 37L cases on mine, which are essentially identical to the Givi Trekker cases. They leave plenty of room for the passenger. When my wife rides on the back, her legs don’t rest on the tops of the cases. My wife is around 168 cm.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Oh...I guess I misunderstood your question. My wif is not available at the moment, but here is a picture of a size 45 boot resting on the rear peg. I hope that helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh...I guess I misunderstood your question. My wif is not available at the moment, but here is a picture of a size 45 boot resting on the rear peg. I hope that helps
Yes, that is exactly what I asked for. Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
On the older 650s the cases sat much lower and gave the pillion plenty of room. For some reason Suzuki decided to drop the exhaust so that cases have to sit higher and intrude on the passengers space, and making it harder to get on and off the bike.
Its no longer the ideal 2-up tourer that it was.
Its a big disappointment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts