StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys , i have recently fitted a Givi Touring screen to my wee it offers excellent wind protection without any excess buffetting :thumbup: ,on the screen when i bought it was an advisory label (i think i may have also read about it here as well ) the label reads : WARNING:in case of sun exposure ,the incidence of sun rays on the inner curvature of the screen may cause a "lens effect" .As a consequence, we advise against parking your vehicle under direct sunlight or,at least ,recommend you cover the parts directly exposed .Givi denies any responsibilty for damages due to non-compliance with such recommendations .Now the :thumbdown:my screen was fitted to my bike for 3 days it is spring here so no excessivly hot days and my bike is parked at work most of the time in the shade ,after 3 days i noticed a scorch mark on the plastic section above the gauges :confused::headbang: ,my solution is that i have now placed a small piece of thin aluminium plate easily formed to follow the contour of the affected area then sprayed matt black to match the dash,i then used double sided tape to attach it to the dash, these are items i had in my shed (that is why men never throw anything out :green_lol: ,it is neat and almost discreet looking and will prevent any further damage , cheers Paul .

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
If you're satisfied with your solution, great. If you are looking for another fix, the Pat Walsh dash shelf will address the issue: GIVI + Madstad = melted dash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts