StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got finished installing this. Givi Part: SR3101M. It fits great, the plate sits directly on the OEM rack and the familiar Givi Monolock plate bolts directly to it. Installation took about 30 minutes. It looks like I got the last one Amotostuff had on hand. ($99).

Now I'l have at least some luggage capability until Caribou releases side case racks for the new bike.

Also put the SW Motech mirror "up and out" adapters on. These are essential for me. I couldn't see ANYTHING to the rear without them.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thanks for that, I was wondering when this would be available and how it would fit. I can't live without my Givi tail box.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, I was wondering when this would be available and how it would fit. I can't live without my Givi tail box.
The OEM rubber luggage rack pad on the 2012 bike is easy off and would be a cinch to put back in place, unlike earlier versions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
givi

did you have to remove the luggage carrier?
can you still get to the bolts of the carrier after mounting the givi bracket?
now that you've had it on.. any noise or vibration?
still trying to figure out best option for the B47.
the "universal mounting plate" is a joke without modifying.
is there plenty of room for passenger?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you have to remove the luggage carrier?
can you still get to the bolts of the carrier after mounting the givi bracket?
now that you've had it on.. any noise or vibration?
still trying to figure out best option for the B47.
the "universal mounting plate" is a joke without modifying.
Yes, you remove the stock luggage rack and replace the bolts with the Givi bolts, and you have to take it all apart to get he stock rack off, but it's easy, a whole lot easier than the so-called universal plate I've had for seven years.

Very solid, no rattles, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can put the plate pretty far back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mounting a Givi trunk

I had the large trunk from the BMW R1150GSA I just sold. I simply held the trunk mount plate centered over the standard plate that came on my Wee Adventure, marked 4 good places for bolt holes after placing those weird slotted square washers in those squares, then took it to the drill press and drilled (4) 1/4" holes, and got some M6 socket cap screws about 3/4" long and bolted the mount plate directly to the OEM luggage plate with flat washers and nylock nuts underneath. Works slick! Have the Givi backrest on the trunk and really have only used the trunk when I need a backrest for the wife (rarely). But couldn't bring myself to pay $99 for another adapter plate! That's such a ripoff! Don't anticipate using the trunk on the Wee Adv much (it's so friggin ugly!) but if I need a backrest, I'll have one. When I had priced out a stand alone backrest for the GS, the Givi and plate was actually cheaper than the $300+ backrests!

If anyone's interested, I can try to take a couple photos...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts