StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone recalls opening the factory sealed cardboard box containing a Givi top case... was the case itself locked (with the key hanging on the front by a plastic tie)?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Been a few years, but I think the case was unlocked (maybe some tape holding it closed?) but the keys were taped to the inside.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just got a pair of sidecases, both were locked with a key in each lock, and another pair of keys taped to the insides of the cases, two cases , four keys .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just picked up a new case from the dealer yesterday. They had obviously opened the box and taken the case out, for whatever reason (it is a newer model, the B47, maybe they had not seen it before).

They put the case back in the box, unlocked, with the key on the plastic tie hanging INSIDE the case. When I took the case out at home, I only noticed the second key taped to the inside as I took out the manual and mounting plate.

After reading the line in the manual which says that the case can be locked without the key, I realize that I have inadvertently closed the lid with _both_ keys inside :furious:. Fortunately, the case was not on the bike yet, so I was able to wrestle a coat hanger inside to grab one of the keys.

If the case had been locked and the key hanging outside it would have been clear that the key needed to be addressed first!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Been a few years, but I think the case was unlocked (maybe some tape holding it closed?) but the keys were taped to the inside.
Same here. Case closed and keys taped inside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just wondering if anyone recalls opening the factory sealed cardboard box containing a Givi top case... was the case itself locked (with the key hanging on the front by a plastic tie)?
Just received one yesterday and it was exactly as you describe here.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just got a pair of Givi e-21 small sidecases, each one was locked with a key inside, and a third key tied to the outside of one case. Bye the way I just love these little cases

1 - 8 of 8 Posts