StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Givi E52 topcase with the improved SWMotech mounts that brings the case back a bit for more passenger room. Got it as much for the passenger backrest as storage. Dont have it securely mounted yet but did put the case in its position on the luggage rack. Wife said it looks like it will be cramped. What is your experience with 2-up with this configuration?

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Some people have also been able to reverse the Givi mounts to move the base plate further back.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I geuss mine is different...its a Givi mount...no problem...I geuss if we both were of a wider girth it might be :p

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Amazing...I still have that file. These were intended for Givi mounts but its a pretty simple concept that should be easy to adapt to others.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Use the Adventure Motostuff mount and remove the back rest. It's not much good anyway, too hard.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the Adventure Motostuff rack allow more passenger room than the newest generation SWMotech rack/adapter?

·
Registered
104 Posts
we have the Givi backrest and the stock Givi mount and the GF says its fine.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Its even worse for room if you have the suzuki top case and mount. it takes up about 2" of the back seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Adventure MotoStuff Rack

I had the same problem with the stock Givi mount with my E52 case. Switched to the Adventure MotoStuff mount
http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AMSVSLug-MK&Category_Code=dl1000_luggage
My wife has the room she needs. Also Givi sells two different back pads for that case. The standard pad is as hard as a rock. They make another one that is the same size/shape, but is much softer. Thats the one I have on my case and the wife is very happy with it. I also recommend AdMore Lighting LED lights. http://www.admorelighting.com/
I added them to my E41 side cases. (Have Givi lights in my E52 topcase) Super product and very easy to install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts