StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who installed the givi crash bars, did you fasten the connecting bolt all the way down to the point where the two ends pinch the spacer?

My two ends barely met in the first place so to tighten the bolt down to the point where the spacer is snug in between the two ends I feel would create a fair amount of warp on the metal? anyone have a solution to this (i.e rubber spacers or tightening it all the way?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
It should of come with two rubber o- rings that you put on either end of that spacer to eliminate the rattle. But on top of that, reef that baby down !

·
Registered
759 Posts
I started to install my Givi's today but couldn't even get the first two 8mm screws loose and had to stop after bending my Allen wrench. I sprayed them with WD40 and will try again tomorrow. Need a better Allen wrench though. Was your install hard?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a hex key ratchet set to for most of the install. should give you plenty of torque to remove things sans wd-40

·
Registered
383 Posts
yea there was no o-rings. I guess I'll have to go find some. thanks
The little o-rings just split and fall off anyway. Mine fell off probably 15000 miles ago. Never missed them.

And yeah, go to Harbor Freight and get a set of ratchet drivers. Those bolts are glued in there pretty good and you'll need the leverage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine rattled from where the bolt joins the two halves. I had not tightened it down to enough to contact the metal spacer between the halves. Of course, I was running short on time to get to an appointment, half hour ride each way. I thought I was going to lose my frigging mind. Got home, tightened it up, and all is well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts