StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have it on my '07 and have to agree...it's the best I've used. I actually went through almost a dozen bags looking for the right one for me...and he XS308 fits my needs perfectly. Less than a second to take it off when pumping gas. Tons of space, and it even accordions out for a deeper bag. I installed a Powerlet connector into the side facing the bars, and use it to charge my iPhone, iPad, camera, etc while riding. Love the bag.

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI,

We have the new Givi XS307 and XS308 TankLoc tank bags in stock ready to go at a discount. No magnets or straps, these tank bags have the lowest profile tank lock system on the planet. The locking device is proven secure, while allowing for quick and easy installation and removal. Seriously, it looks like a magic trick.

We have the tank rings for your bike ensuring a one stop shop and turn key installation.

Tank Bags - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the 308 on my Vee2 and love it. Ordered it from Rick while I still had casts on both legs, before I even bought the bike!!!
Really happy with this tank bag. It holds so much that I find myself over-packing :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I have the 308 and love it as well. Although I wish I had of went with the 15L as it is quite big on the bike and blocks the view of my handlebar mounted phone. The bag itself and the tank lock though are awesome.

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just in time for Christmas.... You know someone out there wants to get something really nice and these tank bags are just that! REALLY NICE.

We have the Givi XS307 and XS308 Tank-Lock tank bag available again. The XS307 is a good all around tank bag. The XS308 is quite large, but still fits comfortably.

The bag mounts and is removed from the tank so easy it seems like a magic trick.

Check out the video on our website.

Tank Bags - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I agree the Givi Tank Lock bag is probably the best accessory you could purchase.

My only regret is I purchased the XS307 with a stated capacity of 15 litres. I find this very hard to believe :frown2:

My attempt to carry six bottles of wine was disappointing as I could not close the zip for security.

Given that a wine bottle has a total outer volume of around 1 litre, 6 bottles does not come to 15 litres even with the bag fully expanded.

I would certainly buy a Givi Tank Lock bag in the future but would suggest the XS306 or XS308

·
Registered
357 Posts
I guess I am just a little disappointed with the carrying capacity of the XS307 15 litre tank bag.

I estimate a 750ml wine bottle would have a total volume (including the glass bottle itself) of around 1 litre.

I cannot see how 6 x 1 litre bottles cannot comfortable fit in to a 15 litre bag even if we allow for some of this volume in the side and top pockets.

As I said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Tank Lock bag but it would be either the XS306 or XS308 both of which I believe are excellent products.

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I remember a psychological experiment where a subject (human) was asked to compare the volume of a cylinder and a square. It turns out that we humans always get it wrong due to perception.

I did the math :nerd: using the numbers provided by Givi and the XS307 works out 15L+ liters.

13.75"L x 10.5"W x 7"H (actually 8.25" expanded), but we will use the smaller number = 1010.625 cubic inches

61.0237 cubic inches per liter means that the internal volume of the XS307 is 16.5 liters (un-expanded).

However, I will recommend to anyone wanting to carry six fifths of wine :party: in their tank bag that they consider the XS308 over the XS307. Remember those pesky bottlers include a big dimple in the bottom of the bottle to make the volume look bigger. The XS307 would probably still be a good tank bag for someone wanting to carry their wine in a zip lock bag since it will conform (more or less) to the shape of the tank bag. :var_54:

For those of us not carrying our wine in our tank bag my original advice stands. The XS308 is quite large and good for long "expeditions" like Key West FL to Dead Horse AK to Tierra Del Fuego Chile and back to Key West. Or if you just want a nice big tank bag. :var_17:

The XS307 is toward the large end of the scale, but not overly so. It is now my personal favorite.

Seriously guys, these are really really nice tank bags.

See the video here. Tank Bags - AdventureTech, LLC.

Now how many 0.75 liter bottle of wine can we fit in a two liter pop bottle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reviving an old thread....
I got a Givi XS306 tank bag that I just bought, and I also have up and back risers LSL on a 2015 Wee.
I could barely mount the bag on the ring because the handlebar risers were too close to it, and the handlebar turn is significantly affected. Is there something I am missing or I would have to remove the risers? Will it make a big difference?

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Risers are not generally an issue with tank bags. Moving the handlebars back though reduces the room in the area the tank bag occupies. The Givi Tank Lock system works on all V-Stroms, but some up and and back risers like the Rox risers can allow the rider to adjust them back far enough that they interfere with tank bags. Adjusting them more upright should fix this if you have Rox risers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seems like you are the experts on this and I am not seeing my answer elsewhere so I'll ask you the question and hope it's not too stupid: I just picked up my 2017 Wee and am interested in mounting an XS307 Givi tanklock bag. Does Givi have a tank ring specified for this model yet?

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It is the same tank ring as the 2012 to 2016 model. No changes in this area.

The Givi tank ring (and bags), skid pan, and crash bars all carry over for the 2017/18 models. We have all this in stock at a discount and the main Givi USA warehouse is literally just down teh raod. The know us personally there and we can get anything Givi stocks in the USA in about an hour if it is not already on the shelf.

Our foot peg and control lowering kit, gear shift relocation, raising lowering links carry over as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is the same tank ring as the 2012 to 2016 model. No changes in this area.

The Givi tank ring (and bags), skid pan, and crash bars all carry over for the 2017/18 models. We have all this in stock at a discount and the main Givi USA warehouse is literally just down teh raod. The know us personally there and we can get anything Givi stocks in the USA in about an hour if it is not already on the shelf.

Our foot peg and control lowering kit, gear shift relocation, raising lowering links carry over as well.
Sent you a PM (or tried to). Please PM me a quote for the XS307 and the BF01 tank ring - delivered to Oroville, WA I'd prefer to give you the business if your prices are in the ballpark. Thanks. Dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts