StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Givi HPS X08 modular helmet off a forum member 2 years ago and like it a lot. Having lost the instructions, I want to remove the screen without all the struggling and swearing that accompanies the process now.
Googling hasn't given me the answer, could some Samaritan pm me with advice?
Thanks,
T>

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, reviewing and trying it as I type.
2:Well, the X1 is different from the X08 which is supposedly tool-less removal. The UTube X08 is a Givi promo showing the shield out of the helmet, not how to get it out.

Still hoping for a "here's what I do hint or three"

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Responded by pm too, but long story short, there is some little trick which needs to be done to allow the visor to come out. Probably the notches need to be aligned - that's it! I'll wait for the alignment of the planets and it'll pop right out.
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Responded by pm too, but long story short, there is some little trick which needs to be done to allow the visor to come out. Probably the notches need to be aligned - that's it! I'll wait for the alignment of the planets and it'll pop right out.
Thanks anyway.
I had the same problem as you and mailed to GIVI. They replied today. For what it is worth, here you have my answer.
1) Open the visor.
2) Pull out the chin guard (pull it to the side) and at the same time pull the visor up (take it out)
3) Repeat it at the other site.

For Visor mounting:
1) Press the grey button
2) See the fork insertion holes and put the visor back in place.

Everything is better when you have pictures:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45371398/Removing and mounting X08 visor.pdf

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I missed this post and wish to thank you now for the advice - it works.
Presently I just have to find a source for a new visor, those things are like gold dust this side of the Atlantic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts