StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S310 - TREKKER LIGHTS
Additional halogen spotlights

I installed a set of these on my Wee and took a few pics this evening to give an idea of light they cast out. I installed directly to the battery and installed the switch on the left handle bar. It comes with the nessecary relays and fuses.

They are as bright as the OEM set I have on my BMW ADV. Thought I would post a visual review incase anyone was thinking about adding a set. The install is easy and straight forward.

I like being seen.

Low beam, no halogen driving lights on-

Low beam with GIVI 55 watt halogen driving lights on-

High beam with GIVI 55 watt halogen driving lights on- or solar flare...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice pics. Also been thinking of installing these badboys! They look pretty sweet in the pics.

Do you have any pics of them turned on/off taken from behind the bike, so we can see the extra light they offer in terms or lighting the environment/road infront of the bike?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Comparing the 1st photo to the 2nd and 3rd well... doesn't leave me wanting them. I mean the 1st photo looks like more than good enough lighting.

If I were in a car and saw those, I'd think:

Pic 1: Some kind of motorcycle
Pic 2: Harley with excessive lighting
Pic 3: UFO

That said, if you were to post some down-the-road (or driveway or alley or whatever) shots, we might be able to see a difference where it matters.

And we'd be grateful.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting thoughts.

The difference in "where it maters" for me is being seen while riding, and these lights appear to gt it done.
Any additional down the road lighting I gain is a plus.

HD lighting? Only if one was out..UFO lighting? :green_lol:

I kinda like term "solar flare" or "Train lights" better.:green_lol:

Cheers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
+1 on the solar flair.. we put the farkles on because we can, not because we need to. :thumbup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Personally, it is a total waste of money! The 2012 wee has the best stock lighting I have ever had on a bike

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Personally, it is a total waste of money! The 2012 wee has the best stock lighting I have ever had on a bike
Yeah, I get it, who wants more visibility out there in traffic??:biggrinjester:

The new Wee has great lights, I just improved on the total visibility and made it even better.

Visibilty, and being seen is important to me and bright lights really do help out.:yesnod:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just ordered these. They look good, look tuff, GREAT price, easy to install, will help me to be seen... I also ordered a 139 db air horn. Now I will be seen and heard!!!!

Thanks to the OP for the pics! Much appreciated brother!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I just ordered these. They look good, look tuff, GREAT price, easy to install, will help me to be seen... I also ordered a 139 db air horn. Now I will be seen and heard!!!!

Thanks to the OP for the pics! Much appreciated brother!
Glad the pics helped...they really add to the high day and night time visibility. I have never had cage drivers flash their lights at me due to the lights being too bright. That 139 db airhorn will scare the hair off a dog! And honestly I could care less about some of the negative "fluff" comments on here by those just making snide negative comments to up their post count. They add no value to the content of this fourm. And the moderators will soon see this.

Post a pic when you get yours installed. If you need any help brother PM me, be glad to help you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Believe it or not, I'm STILL waiting for these lights. Just over 7 weeks now! The Canadian GIVI site is showing a June 25 arrival date. I hope that's wrong since I'm starting a wee Wee trip on June 29th. Those lights would come in handy on that trip.

I'm quite disappointed to be honest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had the lights on my k13 for about a years now. I like them for the visibility factor daytime and dark road deer blinding at night.

Only be aware that they will drain your battery in less than a minute if you turn the engine off and leave the key at on......like it happened to me a couple times.

I also suspect that they tax your alternator for all it's got, especially if your run heated grips, and other accessories , like me.

I will be looking into some other types of lights, probly LED's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think sometimes less is more.... I can't see your signals for example. I'd reserve these for nighttime use. Better visibility could be accomplished by some lower powered LED's mounted on the forks to give you a triangle profile in daytime that is more recognizable than one big freight train light, amber lenses if available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts