StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a picture somewhere of someone who did this, but I'm not sure where. Credit goes to them for the idea, I just borrowed it and thought someone would want to see a few pics.

I didn't like the factory GIVI reflective stickers that came with my E36 cases. Since my bike is red, I decided to use some red reflective tape instead. I simply cleaned them with a bit of rubbing alcohol, and cut the strips to fit. I bought the tape at Lowes, it comes in a package of 4, 18" strips that are red and silver, and they are about 2" wide. I cut off the silver, then cut the red strips in half.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but my camera didn't want to take a decent indoor picture with the flash off:

With the flash turned on:

Side shot in the garage:

Front shot:

Rear shot:

I'm pleased with the results. I think my total cost was around $12, and it took less than an hour to apply the tape and take some pics (if that.)

·
Registered
162 Posts
You should get more of that stuff and place it in discrete locations around the bike - then you'll look like Automan or Tron when you're cruising down the road :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should get more of that stuff and place it in discrete locations around the bike - then you'll look like Automan or Tron when you're cruising down the road :D

Perfect!:p You're dating yourself with the Tron reference, though.;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was very young back then :p It's hard to pick which one was cornier - still, good scifi for it's day :D

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
cornier?

um, don't you mean cooler?

:-D

nice super-reflecto job on the cases, btw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome, looks like you have neon lights turned on.

What colors did Lowes have besides red ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, looks like you have neon lights turned on.

What colors did Lowes have besides red ?

They just had the red/silver strips, 2" X 18" I think. I found them over in the automotive dept. buy the hitches and trailer wiring.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We'd have to be carefull in Australia as there are laws governing the direction that certain colours may be used - I believe we'd have to use white, yellow or blue only for forward facing reflection, and red only for rearward (I assume it's a direction of travel / lighting issue)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts