StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using Givi PLX35 or Shad side cases on your 2012-2014? If so, what racks are they mounted to and how do you like them? I kinda like both cases and am considering buying them. A pic I saw with the Shads looked like the racks stick out pretty far and looked ugly. Is that true? The Givi's look much closer to the bike.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I have the Givi V35's and really like them, mounted with the Givi PLX3101

Givi PLX3101 Side Case Racks Suzuki Vstrom DL650 2012-2014 - RevZilla

There is a a bit more room on the side opposite the exhaust, but I strapped in a mortar tube from the army surplus store, for chain lube, rags, rubber gloves, etc. It's not in this older picture, but fits great in that empty spot between the bag and bike frame.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Byron! I read a report of the plastic heating up from the muffler, have you experienced that at all?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I purchased the Kappa K33N Bags, Kappa TK755 inner liner and Givi PLX 3101 rack.

You can see them at DL650 V-Strom '12-14'

Why? because I'm frugal. All together cheaper then the Givi V35s by themselves. The bags are slightly narrower due to the lids. I got like 6 keys and an additional lock cyl but their lock cylinder does not match my Givi top case.

I purchased from Motorcycle Clothing & Helmets | MotoStorm since they had the best price at the time.

Right now the bags are $305.14 a pair when you convert euro to dollar.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Heres a couple of photos, one without the boxes and one with.
The racks fit nice and close. The boxes are wide, but they leave plenty of space because they are low slung - don't interfere with the pillion.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys! I wound up buying the Givi V35's today since I like the way they look and hang.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Too late to influence your decision, but, after thousands of miles last July, through eastern Oregon, Nevada, and Utah headed for Colorado, and back at 100 + degrees, and some freeway miles at 80 + MPH.... no problem with heat on the bags. I had the smaller 21 liter bags on my DL1000, these look better, hold more, and still go into the motel room with me, they're great and look great on the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts