StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went with the Kappa KLR which is the same as the Givi PLR. It mounts up solid as a rock.
I mounted a pair of Kappa K40 sidebags. If I'm not on a trip, I remove the racks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I, too, have the PLR on my '09 Wee

The mounts have been on since I bought the bike in 2014 and are solid as a rock. They have been removed a few times for riding bike without cases or racks but mostly come off for full clean-up and/or maintenance at the rear of the bike.

Would recommend. On that era rack, the red reflectors at the corners of the license plate mount can be bent at a slight angle and kept in place (see area just below date in attached picture). Not sure about the newer versions.

Overall, very happy with the GIVI gear...the little pads that hold the cases to the bike will wear over time and need some attention. Other than that, zero issue with the PLR racks or the e22L side cases. Still looking for an older pair of e36L for 2-up touring.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Givi PLX (or Kappa KLX) is special rack just for Givi V35 / V37 or Kappa K33N cases.

PLR / KLR is removable version of basic PL / KL.
So it depends on which case you want to use with the rack.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Givi

Thanks for all of the information. Helps a lot. I am picking up a 2015 Wee with 1600 miles on it this weekend and looking for bags/panniers.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I had PLR racks on my 2012 DL650 along with e-21s and they were solid, no issues ever. I replaced them when I got an opportunity to grab some NOS Jesse Odyssey luggage. The rapid release mechanism works great although I really never removed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the PLX 3 case system. Its a bit flimsy and clamshell design is not the most practical. Looks "better" maybe? Areo? but who cares about all that when you open them on tour to find a smaller item and all your crap falls out because of the side opening system. Better get boxes :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts