StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted my new givi racks and may an issue.

There is a gap on both sides where the racks meet the givi mounts. Is this poor quality welds or was it designed this way on purpose to allow flex?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know what you are dealing with. I mounted the racks on both of my 2014 Vee2 bikes. What a pain. What I found is that the bracket that mounts on the passenger foot peg needs to be mounted on the outside of the foot peg strut rather than on the inside as per instructions. I think I may have also messed with the arrangement of the spacers for the upper parts mounted to the frame under the seat. Once I made those changes, it fits flush as it should and works perfectly. The plastic covers below the seat do need to be reamed out as indicated in the instructions. Poor instructions and poor fit by Givi. I attached some pics so you can see mine and what I did. I really like mine since I got the brackets properly mounted. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just remove the plastic covers when I use the racks. Works fine, and You don't need them on with luggage. Did not want to mess them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I mounted the brackets on the outside of the footpegs. It might have decreased the gap a bit but it is still there.

Other than looking crap if you look closely do you think it will have any negativr effect. I'm debating if I should send them back and get another set.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've heard a few cases of poor fit on givi metal parts. My engine guards require two people to fit them because you have to fight to get the engine mount holes lined up. They were originally fitted by the dealer and when I removed them the threads on the engine mount were stripped, i'm guessing this is to do with them applying sideways pressure to the bolt while tightening.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Givi Top Rack-Aluminum

Does anyone have the aluminum givi top rack and side racks? If so can you please post pics of how it mounts to the bike and to the side racks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts