StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I just got the Givi PLX 35 liter side bags and wanted to share/bragg on how good I think they look. They are not big enough to hold a full size helmet but I have the 52 liter Maxia top case for that. Anyhow I've got them now. Between the side case's and the top case I have 122 liters of cargo capacity. I'd like to see someone put 61 2 liter cokes in this luggage system.
Anyway I am quite happy so far. I rode to work to day (round trip 90 miles) and could feeel no difference in how the Bike handled. Of course the side bags were empty. I will try a full load at the end of February when my wife and I go to the beach. OH and by the way Happy new Year. OK yes I look like a fat bumble bee.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks Good!

Next time we go for a long ride you can carry what I can't fit!!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
As noted in another post, I'm still trying to sort out a handling issue with my PLX bags installed. I improved it somewhat with some suspension adjustments, but at 100mph she's a little wobbly. Watch it, those bags are WIDE!

Regardless, I do like the bags; they're really nice looking. I ordered an aerosol can of matching blue paint and a can of clearcoat from Colorite. I'm going to remove the painted panels and spray them to match the DL1000 blue. I think that should be a nice touch!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey all I just got the Givi PLX 35 liter side bags and wanted to share/bragg on how good I think they look. They are not big enough to hold a full size helmet but I have the 52 liter Maxia top case for that. Anyhow I've got them now. Between the side case's and the top case I have 122 liters of cargo capacity. I'd like to see someone put 61 2 liter cokes in this luggage system.
Anyway I am quite happy so far. I rode to work to day (round trip 90 miles) and could feeel no difference in how the Bike handled. Of course the side bags were empty. I will try a full load at the end of February when my wife and I go to the beach. OH and by the way Happy new Year. OK yes I look like a fat bumble bee.

I can fit my full face shoei in them no problem.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just answered another post on this site where someone was asking if a XL helmet would fit in the V35 case. I was able to squeeze a HJC XL Symax helmet into the V35 case. Had to squeeze the case together to latch the lid down.

Be careful of opening the lids to the V35. givi used small screws that pull out of their holes if the lid falls open hard. I purchased longer screws, which fixed the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts