StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

can any of the owners of the Givi PL3101 please tell me, wether the nose on the upper bar can be removed (without grinding it down, that is). I have not been able to find photos from the inside showing wether it is screwed or otherwise fixed, as I intend to use it also with soft bags

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am 99% sure it can be removed simply by unscrewing it, but I have never tried on my FZ6. I know a guy who has a '11 Wee with Tusk cases mounted on his Givi racks, I believe he just unscrewed the top and bottom tabs off each side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much to both of you. That PM would have certainly been a good idea, but I guess for now I am happy with MattR302s good guess. In the worst case I can send it back anyway, but as odds are, I do not have to, it has been ordered.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks very much to both of you. That PM would have certainly been a good idea, but I guess for now I am happy with MattR302s good guess. In the worst case I can send it back anyway, but as odds are, I do not have to, it has been ordered.
Just checked my FZ6, I have the Givi PL360 racks which have the same design. The back of the "nose piece" has a black plastic piece that pops out, revealing two 5mm allen head screws. The bottom two tabs are each held by a 4mm allen screw.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
It is bolted on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts