Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I bought these cases from Motostorm (Italy) back in December along with the side case racks for the '06 Wee (PL532CAM) and finally got them mounted today. Along with the cases I bought the optional fuel/oil/water container and the mounting for that.
The installation of the racks was very straightforward. I really like the way the cases lock onto them, really easy to mount and unmount and they feel really solid on the bike.
Installing the extra hardware to hold the gas can was more involved. You have to tape a couple of paper templates in place to mark and drill a few holes to mount the 3 bolt-on pieces (see picture). Once it's all together, it seems like a pretty solid system, though the bottle is in back and exposed if you were to get hit from behind.
I went with the both 37L cases , others get a 48LL on the non exhaust side. Great prices from Motostorm. Hundreds less that US suppliers. I've ordered the PL3101CAM racks for my '16 Glee.

Attachments

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,230 Posts
Great looking setup. If you haven't already, I'd put a dab of silicon in the mounting holes for the fuel bottle bracket to keep the panniers water-tight. Now you're ready for an adventure!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Very nice. I would buy a set of these for my V2 if they were a little cheaper. Damn near $1000 just for two side cases. I really like the OEM aluminum cases and these are just a nicer, better constructed version. I'm just waiting to sell my 650 and then I'll pick up the Givi Monokey Trekker cases in black.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great looking setup. If you haven't already, I'd put a dab of silicon in the mounting holes for the fuel bottle bracket to keep the panniers water-tight. Now you're ready for an adventure!
Great idea. I didn't think of that. I can just unscrew the nuts in the inside and add a drop as you mentioned.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice. I would buy a set of these for my V2 if they were a little cheaper. Damn near $1000 just for two side cases. I really like the OEM aluminum cases and these are just a nicer, better constructed version. I'm just waiting to sell my 650 and then I'll pick up the Givi Monokey Trekker cases in black.
I originally paid $618. US for a pair of black cases and $166.27 for the racks to mount them back in December.
I noticed now Motostorm has a deal "pair of cases", 2 of the 37Litres like mine are $532. US for the silver and slightly more for the black plus the racks are extra.
If I click on Ausie $$ it's like $775. for the same pair. Is the exchange rate that much different for the Aus dollar or s it some kind of tax or what?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts