StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Givi MG3101 Mudguard for my new '14 DL650A.

Anyone have any tips on how to get the damn thing installed?

There is a screw on the right side of the bike which I apparently have to remove to slide this under the tray holding the rear brake line. It is impossible to get at with the brake line there.

I read on another site that I would have to "remove the rear caliper bolt" which I don't really understand - does that mean disassembling the brakes? Certainly more than I bargained for.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
http://media.givi.it/XN-Prodotti/istruzioni/MG3105.pdf

Perhaps the rear caliper needs to be lifted to make slack in the brake hose to access that #3 screw you mention. That should be easy, just be sure to put a drop of blue loctite on the threads when the caliper bolt is reinstalled.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Judging by those instructions, it looks like they want you to remove the muffler as well..... or maybe that's just for illustration purposes?

I've been looking at these myself..... it looks like they should keep things a lot cleaner under there.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
If you haven't purchased it yet look at the Puig mud guard, 5 minute install. That's why I opted for the Puig over the Givi..

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
G'day plutoz,

No need to remove anything.
Open the plastic clip holding the brake line and you can easily access the screw.
Ours took all of 5 minutes to install.

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

·
1,236 Posts
Brake hose clamp open it's easy to pop open with a screwdriver giving access to the screw no need to touch the brake caliper or muffler required.

Cheers GotaV2 and V2man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts