StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Hard to believe but I have lost all of my keys, to include the keys to both of my E36 GIVI sidecases. I moved recently and have ALSO misplaced my back up set. I find this hard to believe but there it is.

Any clue how I get duplicate keys at this point?

HELP LOL !!!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
The locks should have a 3 digit number, call and order keys.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Were it me I'd call the closest GIVI dealer; the selling dealer if that is possible (you did buy 'em locally, right?).

I doubt you will make any headway with the company, especially considering they are HQ in Europe.

Another option is to see a competent locksmith. I had one cut me a spare key with different cuts on each side, so 1 key would open 2 cases. The same guy also picked the combination lock on one case that had reset itself. No reason he couldn't rekey the lock in the case of the lost keys, or cut you a new key using a blank.

Ilco X226 HYD12 is the blank number on mine.

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
MeefZah
Any idea of a Givi phone number to call?
Try this number: 704-679-4123
If that doesn't work, email Paul Collins. I sent you a PM with his email.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If worse comes to worse just drill out the locks and let me know. I've got three locks keyed the same sitting here collecting dust you can have.

-GW

·
Registered
3,164 Posts

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Why not post the key numbers?

Many of us have extra key sets laying around as we added cases and matched key sets. Maybe you will get lucky and get a free set of keys.

..Tom

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, I'll try calling that 704 number at lunch break today. I'll also post the two key lock numbers for my sidebags and hope for a match as well ;-)

I'll post the numbers here shortly.
danke!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I got a 209 and 210 if anyone needs them. Now that I have the dual cut aftermarket one, ain't no going back to that damn wierd headed GIVI key.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
I've got:

092 four keys two tumblers
236 two keys one tumbler
195 two keys one tumbler

009 two keys (I 'm sure I have a tumbler somewhere but seem to have misplaced it)

If you want them let me know.

..Tom

·
Registered
265 Posts
:confused: I also lost my GIVI top case key.
There is a number 167 marked in the tumbler.
Do you know if we can get replacement key from locksmith or motorcycle dealer?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts