StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the givi kickstand extender. However on a concrete floor it does not sit flush.

The bottom plate is shaped to the kickstand footprint so there is no room for adjustability, any ideas why this is?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Not sure if this will help but check the mounting bolt for the side stand. Mine was loose and it affected the angle of the bike leaning on the side stand.

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
If you take it off does the foot sit flush on the floor? Perhaps raising it up is enough to change the angle of the stand.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm not sure it matters.

The wide paw doesn't have to sit flush. It's there so that if the stand starts to break through the dirt crust, it will stop it. It'd be nice if it were exactly flush, but it all depends on tires, spring wear, individual variations in assembly and how the kickstand maker had his machine set up that day.

Even on hot tar, it might punch a dimple in the macadam but the spread claw will keep it from going deep. I'd say, if it's setting right and leaning as you want it, and stably...leave it be and accept it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe the stand isn't far enough into the plate.
If your heel rests on the back instead of the bottom of your shoe the toes stick up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine does the same. It will sit flush in softer surfaces.... which is what matters. Probably designed this way intentionally.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
When I had one, it was the same. As it was too heavy for my taste, I replaced it with SW Motech one. That one is now sitting on the angle as well, not flushed with concrete floor.
So, they are designed like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts