StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a DL1000 with the Givi Keyless entry hatch. The guy I bought it from did not have the combination for said boxes. Is there any way to reset those combos????? They key portion works fine, but it would be nice to have the smaller access at times.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
There is a thread here somewhere on exactly that topic, there is an easy solution.

I will try to find it later in the day and post a link for you (when I get to my computer, I'm on my Android phone at the moment).

I had a set and they had the same problem, it seems a common fault with them.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I bought a DL1000 with the Givi Keyless entry hatch. The guy I bought it from did not have the combination for said boxes. Is there any way to reset those combos????? They key portion works fine, but it would be nice to have the smaller access at times.
I don't have the e1 cases, but this is what I know about them:
The factory combination is "000".
Open it with the key, and under the lock there is a lever used to reset the combination; just set it to whatever you want with the lever down and push the lever back up to set your combination. This might work for you.

That 3 digit code is easy to figure out; there's only 1000 possible combinations, but you can cut the process by a dozen hours if you use a flashlight to look at the lock as you turn the little wheels.

Givi's been having trouble with the locking code resetting on those and have a new lock design; maybe you can contact them and order new locks to replace yours (you should be able to remove them with the case open).

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
That's the thread I was going to look for and post the link.

Thanks Satch, you beat me to it. :thumbup:

Wish this had been posted up when I had mine, the damned combo locks have a habit of changing themselves and then you can't get them open - that thread you posted has the solution to fixing them.

Mind you, the price you pay and the supposed quality of Givi products should mean they wouldn't have the problem in the first place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had to laugh when I first read the title. My first thought was "its a motorcycle! Keyless entry? You sit on the seat, no key needed!" :biggrinjester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts