StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running 2 Kappa 40 liter hard side bags on my 02 DL1000 and am considering replacing them with 2 new Givi Trekker 46 liter cases. I also have a Kappa K48 topcase which I'm planning on keeping. Am planning on replacing all 3 cases with new lock cylinders. Are the key cylinders interchangeable between the 2 brands & case types? I want to use 1 new key for all 3 cases. Possible? I already know the mounts are compatible. :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I am planning exactly the same set up - replacing my Kappa 21s with Trekkers.
Are you leaving a 3rd kappa as a topcase?

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
try this

I had a key cut for my GIVI today, he had a tough time finding a blank - he told me they were simple cylinder locks and could be purchased for 4 or 5 bucks each= I would think any locksmith could supply you with X number of cylinders that were keyed alike

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yes, I have a Kappa 46 litre topcase that I am keeping. Nice video. I rode the Forestry Trunk Road a couple of years ago from Hinton to Blairmore (then into Montana and Idaho). What video camera are you using?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I have a Kappa 46 litre topcase that I am keeping. Nice video. I rode the Forestry Trunk Road a couple of years ago from Hinton to Blairmore (then into Montana and Idaho). What video camera are you using?
I rode it from Coleman Alberta (Hwy #3) to Hinton. I used 2 vidcams - a GoPro HD for the bike mounted scenes, and a Sony HDR-XR200 HD camcorder for the rest. Glad you enjoyed the vid!

Let's keep each other posted as to our progress with the lock replacements. Maybe we can help each other out! Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Watcha doin with the old Kappas?

I'm looking to cut a Kappa base up for a dog crate mount...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Watcha doin with the old Kappas?

I'm looking to cut a Kappa base up for a dog crate mount...
Hi Larolco! Great idea, but I'm hanging on to the old cases to put back on the bike if & when I sell it. I wil move the new Trekkers to the new bike (whatever it is!) Good luck! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts