StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fitted the topbox adapter (SR3105) the other day, which has just become available in the UK. There's a lot more to it than the simple adapter plate they produced for the DL650, with 4 plates, 4 spacers, 1 brace, 2 arms and the plate itself, along with enough bolts to hold it all together. Pretty straightforward to fit though. I put a Givi V47 on it - the angular lines really seem to suit the new bike's style.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I fitted the topbox adapter (SR3105) the other day, which has just become available in the UK. There's a lot more to it than the simple adapter plate they produced for the DL650, with 4 plates, 4 spacers, 1 brace, 2 arms and the plate itself, along with enough bolts to hold it all together. Pretty straightforward to fit though. I put a Givi V47 on it - the angular lines really seem to suit the new bike's style.
Sounds similar to the system they have for the Concours 14 which is extremely robust. This bike definitely needs something strong.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Givi Top Box Adapter is now Available in US

Hi guys. Just got this reply from Givi USA:

Thank you for contacting GIVI USA. We appreciate the interest you have shown in our products. The SR3105 is available and in stock in our Charlotte facility. As for the MG3105 it is not yet available.

Best regards,
GIVI USA

The MG3105 is the rear tire hugger that is listed on European sites but not in US. Hope that becomes available too as Suzuki left it off our new V-Stroms.

Looks like I'll be ordering the top plate adapter for Monokey Top Box along with the N47 top box. With the aluminum insert and angular shape it should look good with the OEM boxes.

Received the oem side cases today but no top and bottom adapters. Not sure what to think of Suzuki. Both were ordered when I bought the bike in March. Now I have side cases but no way to hook them up!

Later
FastLane

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered the racks from Italy and arrived here in Chicago in 5 days. MotoStorm: Abbigliamento Moto e Accessori
Including the 29 eur shipping, their prices are still cheaper than the US retailers? I did a quick search, and there were some examples of getting dinged for import duties & fees afterwards that would make it more expensive. Did you have any issues like that?

I'm in desperate need of a tank bag, and am getting tired of all the delays on the SW-Motech one I have on order.

thanks, TRM

·
Registered
449 Posts
Including the 29 eur shipping, their prices are still cheaper than the US retailers? I did a quick search, and there were some examples of getting dinged for import duties & fees afterwards that would make it more expensive. Did you have any issues like that?

I'm in desperate need of a tank bag, and am getting tired of all the delays on the SW-Motech one I have on order.

thanks, TRM
I've got a Wolfman Ranier tank bag and love it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any pics of the Ranier on the vee2? I had a wolfman on my dr650 and it was great quality, just thought the tank ring approach would be cool an clean looking. But right now I just need a way to carry my bare minimum stuff. Thanks, TRM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts