StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed GIVI engine guards on my Strom.

I noticed that from 5800rpm, I get some anoying vibrations at the foot-steps and the handlebars.

Apparently it's caused by those givi engine guards, who start to vibrate.
Beginnning at 5800rpm, the vibrations are transfered to the bike.

Has anoyone had the same problem ???

W

·
0 Posts
I've had my Givi engine guards on since September and haven't noticed any unusual vibration caused by them at any speed.

P

·
0 Posts
I've had the Givi guards for a year and haven't noticed anything unusual. I'm wondering if you didn't tighten the bolts for the guards tight enough...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering if someone could do this little 'test'.

When I start to drive, and i put my hand on the crash bar, i feel vibrations in the crash bar. ( even at 2500rpm )
When i put my hand on the frame of the bike, i do not feel those vibrations.

When increasing the rpm, i directly notice an increase in vibrations in the crash bar, Yet no vibrations on the bike's frame.

I'm wondering if you notice the same ? :?: :roll: :?:

G

·
0 Posts
xlrider said:
I was wondering if someone could do this little 'test'.

When I start to drive, and i put my hand on the crash bar, i feel vibrations in the crash bar. ( even at 2500rpm )
When i put my hand on the frame of the bike, i do not feel those vibrations.

When increasing the rpm, i directly notice an increase in vibrations in the crash bar, Yet no vibrations on the bike's frame.

I'm wondering if you notice the same ? :?: :roll: :?:
The crash bar is steel and will vibrate and transmit vibration MUCH more efficiently than aluminum. In addition, the 'Stom's frame is designed to be extrememly stiff and non-resonant, functionally absorbing vibration and disbursing the energy as heat...albeit at fairly low levels. Fancy racing bicycles have been taking advantage of aluminum's resistance to vibration for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts