StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading several members horror stories regarding the poor quality bolts that come with the GIVI Engine Guards, I held off mounting until I could get some HQ stainless fasteners. Totally worth it because I wouldn't have survived the cussing fit with a sheared bolt. Stock ones are very "soft".

The junction piece at the exhaust header received a couple of "O" rings snugged up to the stop and secured with a generous wrap of electrical tape in a tapered fashion to eliminate any vibration where the tubes join together.

Thanks whoever you were. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The junction piece at the exhaust header received a couple of "O" rings snugged up to the stop and secured with a generous wrap of electrical tape in a tapered fashion to eliminate any vibration where the tubes join together.

Thanks whoever you were. :thumbup:
My pleasure.

Now find a pair of these little bags strapped to my Givi bars.
They come from Aldi here in Australia, these are actually for pushbikes and are supposed to hang in the triangular part of the frame [only available a couple of times a year].
Or visit your local cycling shop and see what they have .

I keep sunglasses, a tube of chain lube, anti sink plate, a couple of long shanked padlocks [for locking helmet to mirror when top box is full] and other odd bits in them as required.

EDIT:
I should take a close up pic of them to post up some time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crashbar pouches

Those are very cool. I shall comb the local bike shops aggressively. And thanks again. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts