StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just mounted a Givi E52N on my DL1000. This top case has built in brake lights.

Does anyone have a clever wire route which:
1) hides the wire away from sight and catching on anything
2) doesn't get it flattened by the seat
3) doesn't put holes in the bike where water can seep in during riding or washing

:?:

Oops, got this in the wrong forum, was aiming for V-Strom Modifications and Performance Sorry...

·
Registered
167 Posts
This should answer your questions;

http://cycle.frogfruit.com/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=13

I don't like making changes to my bike that I can't remove i.e. holes. The hardest part was tapping into the brake lines way back near the tail light. Took less than an hour.

Click on the pictues to get larger images and short test description. You can also select a very high rez images after you click on the image (look in the upper righ ahnd corner)

Mike
Tampa, FL
DL650K5

·
Registered
180 Posts
E52 Light kit

hello,

Does the Givi supplied wire splices cut in to bot wires? Which wire did you cut in? I'm having a hard time figuring out which wire to splice in.

cheers!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: E52 Light kit

Vordak said:
hello,

Does the Givi supplied wire splices cut in to bot wires? Which wire did you cut in? I'm having a hard time figuring out which wire to splice in.

cheers!
As I remember you splice into the two wires running to either one of the rear tail lights. You can pull one of the light/bulb assembly out (as if you were changing a bulb) to make the splicing easier.

Mike
Tampa, FL
DL650K5

·
Registered
180 Posts
Brake light

So by cutting into just on e set of wires (Both on the same side), I will have a complete circuit that will provide enougb power for both brake light LED's?

If that's all, then it's great! Can't wait to try it.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts