StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks .. I just found out a problem with my E52 and wanted to post this so hopefully others won't get caught as I did.

I just picked up my bike with an E52 installed. Watch out for the rubber spacers between the rack and the top box. They are the black rubber plugs that should secure into the top rack when installed. But when I removed the top box the rubber spacers stuck to the box, two fell off unbeknownst to me as I'm carrying the box . I've lost one already and I'll be darned if I can find it anywhere on the floor. Just noticed this happening today so I would recommend gluing the little buggers down. Without the rubber spacers there is no shock absorption and a less secure mount. I'm going to email Givi and see if I can get some replacements.

Hope same does not happen to you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
E52

The problem is that most dealers who install the box for you do not take the time to pull from the bottom of the plugs to make sure they are completely seated. I installed mine myself and I pulled with a needle nose plier until the rubber were fulley stretched and seated. 2 years later, and I haven't lost one yet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I lost one also. I emailed Givi on it and they said that the rubber spacers need to be pulled into the holes correctly and that I could purchase some. I emailed them back and said no matter how much I pull them into the hole (even with piers) the two on the back of the plate still come out. Basically I told them that they need to stand by their product and send me some to replace the ones that keep falling out of their piece of hardware. They sent me a set in the mail. I'm going to glue them in with contact cement or something.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
popparacer said:
Used Shoe Goo on mine. No problems at all.

PR
Folks .. I did the same as popparacer once I had the replacements from Givi i.e. Shoe Goo.

Givi was very responsive and had a full set of replacement plugs (4) in the first available mail once they received my email. I'm very happy I bought the Givi if this is the level of service I can expect.

pilgrim

·
Registered
689 Posts
Good post. I just rec'd my 52 today and will be going into the garage to make the fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts