StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just picked up an 2011 DL 650 and want to set it up for me and the wife. Will the E52 with the Givi e528 rack be ok for 2 up riding? I have spent hours searching everything I could read on top cases and am still not sure if it would be a good set up. Eventually I'd like to get side cases too. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
436 Posts
We have the Givi 52 (with a Givi backrest) on our 2011. All is good.

It might depend a bit on how big each of you are. I'm 6'2", two bills; my pillion 5'3", 120lbs. We're both plenty comfortable.

pmk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh, you might go for a ride before putting on the backrest, just in case. You might not need one, and it does take up another inch or two.

I know one couple who removed their backrest.... but we like ours. On some long rides she even falls asleep!

pmk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh, you might go for a ride before putting on the backrest, just in case. You might not need one, and it does take up another inch or two.

I know one couple who removed their backrest.... but we like ours. On some long rides she even falls asleep!

pmk
My fiance has fallen asleep also. I thought I was the only one who's had this happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another

Another one here on long rides my wife turns on her Ipod and sometimes a little while later ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ all is quiet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Back to the original

Back to the original topic. You can make some easy brackets and move the top case back, if the extra room is needed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi all. I just picked up an 2011 DL 650 and want to set it up for me and the wife. Will the E52 with the Givi e528 rack be ok for 2 up riding? I have spent hours searching everything I could read on top cases and am still not sure if it would be a good set up. Eventually I'd like to get side cases too. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff
I moved the box back on mine by pulling the plastic plate out and moving the mounting screws on the box mounting plate. This was on my DL1000, but the mount is the same if it is that 528. There are 4 tiny screws in that plastic plate that you remove them be careful to pop out the plastic plate. The washers in the plastic grid are diamond shaped. I moved it out a couple of inches. If your pillon wears a jacket you probably will not need the pad.
Mike

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
If you're thinking about the 52 litre case, you might as well go for the 55. It's only three litres bigger but makes a significant difference. I've had both, as well as a 46.

You can position any case so you both have enough room.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the e52. I like it. For us riding two up (me 6'3" 230#, pillion 5'8") we added the Amoto mount to give her the extra room. The back armor in her jacket is all the backrest she needs.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
^ That's what I have. My referenced above wasn't very clear or specific.
The couple extra inches made a big difference in comfort for us.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would like to thank you all for the replys. It sounds like I'm on the right track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts