StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running the excellent V35s on the PLX racks for a few years I just needed something that wasn't as wide as my truck. They survived 2 substantial offs with only cosmetic damage that a little creativity took care of.

The new E22s hooked me, even though I had to buy the standard monokey rack which was equally sturdy - but these cases feel like eggshells to me, just flimsy and brittle vs the rock solid v35s. I am scared if the bike lays down even from the stand or in dirt. They are perfect size and styled right, but wow I feel I have to make crash bar around them.

Anybody laid one down yet? Other perspectives? Were the E21s like this?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've run out of room trying to camp multiple days with E21's, but they have their place.

On a trip last Fall, I biffed the pannier on a post trying to squeeze around a gate (forgot how wide I was back there). When I heard the sound and felt the jolt, I knew exactly what had happened and my heart sank.

The only damage: the lid had popped open. With a little disbelief, closed it, locked it, and haven't thought about it agin until now...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Had them on my Wee and my CBF1000.
Love them for everyday bags. Compact and top loading.
Ya, they are a little cheap, but wadda ya want for 200 bucks?

On my KLR I had a Coleman top loading cooler for a top box...:yikes:

The cheapness doesn't go away, only the bikes change...:biggrinjester:

P.S. my bad...mine are E21's not E22's..

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The Givi's really aren't intended for off road bashing and what not. They are commuter bags, basically.

I have both the 21 and 22. The 21 feels even more flimsy! :yikes:

All in all, though; they are good bags. If you don't like them, at least the standard rack that you now have can be easily adapted to Pelicans or other "tougher" hard bags, unlike the PLX rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts