StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a post about bag liners and got me thinkin' :what:
What soft bag liners are used with these side cases?
Right now I'm using two cheap backpacks from Walmart. Would like something that loads from the top.
Any clue as to what would fit?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
On my GS for now, I use those "save the planet" grocery bags - the insulated type on the exhaust side. Might upgrade someday, but no rush. Never used anything with my top-loading E21s. Took them off and into the motel room when convenient or felt the need.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you feel the need for a liner in it?
So I can pack the liner in my house and carry it to my bike. Looking for maybe something with compartments. Might not make sense to anyone but me.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I would think liner bags would take up too much space in such a small box as the E22. You might lose a lot more than gain.

I have the E21's, and strategically place everything I use for ease of access. No liners needed.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, for one thing, I ride solo allot. If I pack myself a lunch or whatever, I place some blue ice around my food and put that in a backpack along with water and keep everything cool. The cases have no insulation and things won't keep cool.....just one example of why a nice liner would work......instead of a backpack.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I use my 21 like a briefcase and just carry it around. I think the case liners would be more applicable to side loading cases.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, for one thing, I ride solo allot. If I pack myself a lunch or whatever, I place some blue ice around my food and put that in a backpack along with water and keep everything cool. The cases have no insulation and things won't keep cool.....just one example of why a nice liner would work......instead of a backpack.
A cooler bungeed to the back would work better.

Trying to stuff things in a bag inside a narrow case like that is just not practical. I uslually end up taking things out of the bag to get them in the case, and putting them back in the bag when taking them out of the case.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the e22's and they are a great case but would love to have a set of liners with pockets, etc. as the cases are larger than one would think. I have a set of small bags that I use to store loose items and they work well but a liner bag would be great. Maybe I can get my better half to sew one:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the e22's and they are a great case but would love to have a set of liners with pockets, etc. as the cases are larger than one would think. I have a set of small bags that I use to store loose items and they work well but a liner bag would be great. Maybe I can get my better half to sew one:thumbup:
I'll take two.........:D

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would think you're right! Even so, I am always amazed at how quickly small items disappear in such a small space :green_lol:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I would think you're right! Even so, I am always amazed at how quickly small items disappear in such a small space :green_lol:
I am reminded of the warning I received in the store when I was shopping for my first big-screen (52") TV: "They tend to grow when you get them home."

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put on the e22 cases and they are great. I kind of wondered about liner bags but am swayed by the discussion here. Another thing I was thinking about would be some nice reflectors on the back of the cases to get some more visibility for the bike. Does anyone have some awesome ideas about that rear facing surface, and how to trick it out, but also be functional.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Scotchlite reflective tape or sheet material. You can get it in black, that reflects as white at night when headlights hit it. Invisible against the black luggage in daylight. Get tape or sheets and cut it to your own design. Google search for Scotchlite. I have it on all my luggage, below is a pic of the Concours at night:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
The cheap re-usable shopping bags you can get for $1 or $2 anywhere pretty much fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I ended up using some 1" reflective tape.
Also I bought two top loading back packs really cheap (back to school sale ) and cut the shoulder straps off. More water proof than the shopping bags I was using.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts