StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After testing the theory that a fully opened Givi E21 side case can handle highway speeds over 100mph, I've discovered a new secret feature: The lock on the E21 is great for carrying your keys when you don't want to put them in your pocket. Magnets? Magic pixies? I don't know. But you can leave them in the lock and be almost assured they'll still be in there when you get back home.

Next experiment: Bungie-free tail bag test. How long will it stay put before flying off?

·
Registered
68 Posts

Next experiment: Bungie-free tail bag test. How long will it stay put before flying off?
Reminds me of when I was a reserve police officer a few years back. I was driving along a mayjor city street, speed limit about 40 mph, when I came up on a Honda Accord with a HUGE cup of coffee on its roof! I started laughing so hard I thought I'd run off the road. I debated doing a traffic stop or just letting her continue on, either way I figured the coffee would eventually get spilled! Decided to do a stop so other drivers didn't getting into a laughing spasm like I was! Anyway, believe it or not, I pulled her over and the coffee did not spill. It was in one of those wide-bottomed cups which I guess is why. She was very grateful when I walked up to her window with her coffee in hand! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
176 Posts
After testing the theory that a fully opened Givi E21 side case can handle highway speeds over 100mph, I've discovered a new secret feature: The lock on the E21 is great for carrying your keys when you don't want to put them in your pocket.
Just a little to add to this test:

The E21 when used open at highway speeds will not loose assorted tools and a rain cover that is in it's zip bag.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
E41 with top access hatch open will allow your wife's favorite fleece pull-over to fly out and be destroyed by the vehicles behind you. (never again will she forget to make sure the latch is set)

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Just a little to add to this test:

The E21 when used open at highway speeds will not loose assorted tools and a rain cover that is in it's zip bag.
But waterproof pants on top of other stuff do definitely fly out and have to be picked up by following riders. :):)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Reminds me of when I was a reserve police officer a few years back. I was driving along a mayjor city street, speed limit about 40 mph, when I came up on a Honda Accord with a HUGE cup of coffee on its roof! I started laughing so hard I thought I'd run off the road. I debated doing a traffic stop or just letting her continue on, either way I figured the coffee would eventually get spilled! Decided to do a stop so other drivers didn't getting into a laughing spasm like I was! Anyway, believe it or not, I pulled her over and the coffee did not spill. It was in one of those wide-bottomed cups which I guess is why. She was very grateful when I walked up to her window with her coffee in hand! :mrgreen:
I've done that once - stopped a van with a kid's toy on the roof. The male driver began the usual "Why'd you stop me, I wasn't doing anything wrong" routine, quite rudely. I never said a word, just smiled at him as nice as could be, reached up, removed the toy, handed it to him, and walked back to my car. Hope he felt like a prick!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Pizza Delivery

I rode home about 3 miles at a maximum speed of 40 MPH in a 1978 Dodge Aspen Station Wagon (sort of a lowered SUV, kids.) with an 18" pizza on the roof.

Made it home intact, but it needed a little re-heating.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I rode home about 3 miles at a maximum speed of 40 MPH in a 1978 Dodge Aspen Station Wagon (sort of a lowered SUV, kids.) with an 18" pizza on the roof.

Made it home intact, but it needed a little re-heating.
I wonder if they leave anything on top of the space shuttle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a woman start to back out of a grocery store parking space with her baby in a child carrier on the top. I yelled and the bag boy got there in time to stop her.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Now that's what I call service! Did you bring her a doughnut too? <---shameless cop joke. :)
Oh come on, now! What good cop would let a doughnut go?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I saw a woman start to back out of a grocery store parking space with her baby in a child carrier on the top. I yelled and the bag boy got there in time to stop her.
That is the nightmare of every new parent!
You're so tired those first few months that you hardly know where you are at times.

The other day I stopped just as it started pouring to put on my rainsuit. I got half the way home before I noticed I had left the left bag unzipped. Had to turn around and go pick everything up off the road in the middle of a thunderstorm.
Where's that forehead slapping icon when you need it?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Regarding GIVI keys: I have mine on a separate ring from the ignition key and I've left the GIVI set in the lock of the E460N top case several times, once for about 100 miles (mounted on the Concours). The first time I did it, when I got off the bike, I reached into my pocket and the ket was gone! I searched all of my many pockets and almost got back on and rode back over the road to look for it before I thought to look in the lock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts