StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying the Dolomiti metal side cases. I did not find any meaningful reviews on Al Gore's internet except for one video. That video seemed to show many rivets or fasteners protruding into the interior of the case. I am worried that may tear fabric or scratch painted objects that I put in the case. I would appreciate any feedback from Dolomiti users about this issue.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Search this site and you'll see my numerous comments about mine. Love that they're roomy, top loading, have thin walls which doesn't take up interior space, and the internal liners Givi sells are great. Haven't used the lid nets as much as I thought I would.

I ride with only my Givi V47 Tech top case for day rides and over-nighters (sold the Dolomiti top case shown). I only take the side cases on my twice-a-year 5-night trips. They easily hold everything I need. No top case needed.

Remember that you have two choices with the side case mounting hardware -- the fixed and rapid release. I've own both. Both are great.

Oh, and you should have no concern about the rivets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts