StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my crash bars and am ready to attempt to install. Read older posts of problems with crummy bolts. Has Givi fixed this? Any suggestions are welcome. Torque settings?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just installed mine with no problems, bolts were great. I had a rough time getting the two bolts on the upper mounts tight after install as instructed. Had to use a allen bit and a wrench.

·
Registered
900 Posts
They vibrate a lot. You can acutally "tune" them like a tuning fork. Clean the thread goop out of the frame bolt holes before installing them. Cut some rubber heater hose, wedge it in between the bars, and the bolt holding the fairing. It helps the virbation some. Make sure the bolt that holds them together under the cylinder, acutally pinches the collar. Otherwise that rattles.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
They vibrate a lot. You can acutally "tune" them like a tuning fork. Clean the thread goop out of the frame bolt holes before installing them. Cut some rubber heater hose, wedge it in between the bars, and the bolt holding the fairing. It helps the virbation some. Make sure the bolt that holds them together under the cylinder, acutally pinches the collar. Otherwise that rattles.
No vibrations with mine on the Wee [maybe it's a "Vee" thing :confused::confused: ].

I found I had to "muscle" them to get a couple of the bolts in the holes properly [Givi quality control seems to suck, my side cases and top case have lock issues too. And the Givi side case frame didn't line up with the holes properly :headbang: ].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts