StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gone down twice this summer. Both times I've rode away with minor injury and a bruised ego. Lucky to say the least. One thing I have learned from this is buy your crash guards and dont take them off. They will vibrate but what do you expect they are bolted to the engine. I recently rode about 300 freeway miles and the vibes didnt bother me a bit. The bike did it without them. Function over style. The guards will save you a lot of pain and greef. Working on getting better. By the way Givis come up high how have others fared with Walsh or others?

M

·
0 Posts
Twice in one summer? Three words for you bud - Motorcycle. Safety. Course. :p

Just kidding, glad you are ok! I have the Givi's on my DL1000 and have not had any vibration issues. Any other damage to the bike when it went down?

-David

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
matthamm5150 said:
I have gone down twice this summer. Both times I've rode away with minor injury and a bruised ego. Lucky to say the least. One thing I have learned from this is buy your crash guards and dont take them off. They will vibrate but what do you expect they are bolted to the engine. I recently rode about 300 freeway miles and the vibes didnt bother me a bit. The bike did it without them. Function over style. The guards will save you a lot of pain and greef. Working on getting better. By the way Givis come up high how have others fared with Walsh or others?
+1 SW Motech
http://stromtrooper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3764&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Bars also saved the Strom from it's run-and-hit by the speeding 11 year old.

Stromette

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well,, I've only gone down once on the V Strom, and I had the SW crash bars, and I can attest to the fact that they are well worth the $$; I hit a dog, and unfortunately did not fare as well as you did in your crashes; over a dozen broken bones, punctured lung, etc. BUT,, the good news is that all the bike needed was a footpeg to be ridden home (a month after I got out of the hosp).

KevinL

matthamm5150 said:
I have gone down twice this summer. Both times I've rode away with minor injury and a bruised ego. By the way Givis come up high how have others fared with Walsh or others?

W

·
0 Posts
I swear by mine, although I've been lucky to just have had a few minor drops. I consider them a must have. They're on my 2003 DL1000 and they'll be on my next 'Strom as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Givi ones since the beggining .They cost me about 80Euros and saved my plastics twice .Once the Strom likked the road and one crashed at a Hyundai . No damage , except a little bend after the second crash , but without them.....no comment .

The only bad thing is that they sychronize at about 6000rpm and need often tightening.SW's are way much expensive, think about the double.

For me , must have!

·
Registered
430 Posts
klong said:
Well,, I've only gone down once on the V Strom, and I had the SW crash bars, and I can attest to the fact that they are well worth the $$; I hit a dog, and unfortunately did not fare as well as you did in your crashes; over a dozen broken bones, punctured lung, etc. BUT,, the good news is that all the bike needed was a footpeg to be ridden home (a month after I got out of the hosp).

KevinL

matthamm5150 said:
I have gone down twice this summer. Both times I've rode away with minor injury and a bruised ego. By the way Givis come up high how have others fared with Walsh or others?
Hope your completely healed by now. I've been there. I feel for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts