StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for creating the umpteenth Givi crash bar thread -- but I searched wide and far and couldn't find a clear answer:

After installing the Givi TN532 on a DL650, do you still have access to the two fairing bolts (frame cover and radiator) with a T-handle allen key? Or do you have to fumble with the short end of an L-key in the tight space between the bars and the fairing to get those out?

A photo taken exactly in line with the axis of those bolts would be helpful. The pictures I found are all taken at an angle that makes it hard to judge the position.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
You get a chance to use the short allen key from the toolkit. Sorry.
I don't know if ball end keys will work, but a straight one doesn't.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You get a chance to use the short allen key from the toolkit. Sorry.
I don't know if ball end keys will work, but a straight one doesn't.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I found out eventuelly, too, and settled for the small OEM Suzuki crash bars (old SW-Motech design) instead. I take off the fairing for every service to get access to the air filter etc., and I know that if I'd have to fumble around the crash bars I'd get too lazy to do that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
crash bars

I found with my Givi crash bars on my Vee, I can only fully remove the right fairing after the gas tank is removed from the bike. The little bulge just doesn't quite fit between the bar and the rad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts