StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the givi crash bars on my bike for a year now. They have always had a horrendous vibration from 5k to 5.4k. I've tightened, re tightened and reinstalled with no effect. A few weeks ago I was determined to fix it.

I had read about hanging weights but the bike is already under powered with the weight it has. I thought there has to be a better solution and then it hit me. What do they do they use on cars, especially between body panels? Foam. So I filled them with expanding foam. It's been a few weeks now and the vibration is gone. The bike is as quiet as when I first got it now with very little weight added to fix the issue. Hope it helps somebody out there.

If you try this coat the outside of the bars with WD40 first. It will make cleanup a lot easier.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just FYI, as a DIY landlord of several rental homes I think the Loc-Tite expanding foam seems more dense and flexible and better for this job than the Great Stuff stuff. The Great Stuff seems more brittle and maybe more likely to break down from vibes.

This stuff, specifically...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts