StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my Givi crashbars from Revzilla today and got right on the install.I had read a umber of posts about fit so I was prepared for a fight. After removing stock bolts I checked fit and of course they did not just pop on but looked doable. I had read about people not being able to tighten bolts so I checked givis bolts one at a time. Givi sends 9 - M8 by 30 bolts.
Thats when I realized the the stock bolts are not all the same length.The top most forward bole is 5mm shorter than the other 3. Givis bolts are longer of course to take the added thickness but they should have made 2 of them M8 by 25.
So I had to make a trip to buy a couple machine bolts. Givis bolt will bottom or hit unthreaded frame if you try to ram the 30mm in the front hole.I also found it easier to start from the front and finagle the rear in last. I also sprayed the insides with fluid film before install for corrosion protection.
The center joint was nowhere close to where it needed to go but I did not want frame bolts working against the joint and chose to tighten them all the way. I had to take a rope and tie it each side ,then used a short piece of 1 inch dowell and pulled the two halves together by looping the dowell and twisting it. I also had a piece of cardboard in front of radiator in case Murphy showed up and something slipped. I did not use loctite or install plastic bolt caps.I am going to let it all settle in and check torque for the next few weeks.I may go back and remove one at a time and then loctite them. Givi still needs to improve a few things but they do look nice.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mine went out with a bit less force, 2018 DL650A. That was four months ago. So far everything is snug. I too used lock-tite.
I would think the variation is on the GIVI end and not the bike...could be wrong

here is my write up and includes a few other goodies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine went out with a bit less force, 2018 DL650A. That was four months ago. So far everything is snug. I too used lock-tite.
I would think the variation is on the GIVI end and not the bike...could be wrong

here is my write up and includes a few other goodies.
Mounted these Givi crash bars on 2022 XT without any issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can say is a M8 -30 bolts that givi suppies were not going in the two front mounts without doing damage to threads on my 2017. Maybe some bikes are threaded deeper. Suzuki uses shorter bolts in those locations for a reason. I have learrned the hard way and have experience using a easy out bolt removers. Not by choice. The fit issues probably vary from production run with Givi. It was just fussy work,not a show stopper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts