StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about installing hard cases on my DL650 and would like to hear opinions about Givi cases or Suzuki cases. I have heard that the Suzuki cases are not very good. They both cost about the same.
Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cases

I know people with both. No problems encountered either way.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Earlier Suzuki cases were made by Kappa, a Givi subsidiary. Later ones were made by Soft. People who have had Suzuki and Givi liked Givi much better, especially the mounts.

·
Administrator
13,563 Posts
The other nice thing about the Givi is that they have a great variety of cases that all use the same mount. Apart from the "monokey side" ones, all the Monokey cases fit on the same mounts and all the monolock ones do as well.

You can also get a bunch of tumblers that use the same key so for me my 5 cases all use one key.

..Tom

·
Registered
302 Posts
Don't use the suzuki case. The case seems kind of cheap and when mounted takes up about 2" of the rear seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
givi vs suzuki cases

thanks to all for the great feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Givi cases from Sport Tour

·
Registered
58 Posts
Suzuki Topcase for Sale!

I have a brand new Suzuki topcase, mount and color matching insert for sale. $225 takes it all!!! I paid over 400 with tax and shipping. I have only had them for a few months and have barely used them. They have no scratches or dings period. If intersted PM me for pics.

Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
rack

the suzuki top case requires you remove the beautiful aluminum stock rack and bolt on a very ugly steel one

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looking for an OEM topcase mount

When I bought my 2007 Wee I included the OEM three bag setup. My main complaint is that the top case overhangs the back of the seat by a few inches. I've been thinking of how to make an adapter plate that would bolt on and allow the case to be moved back. Seems to me it would be easier to modify an OEM mounting plate.

So, if anyone has an OEM topcase mount and has no use for it, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
29 Posts
the guy in the dealership told me that Givi makes the Suzuki bags. they look and feel like good cases to me...

....2 cents

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
the guy in the dealership told me that Givi makes the Suzuki bags. they look and feel like good cases to me...

....2 cents
You can tell a dealer is lying by watching their lips move, or maybe they are just mistaken. Suzuki bags used to be made by Kappa, a Givi subsidiary that made lower quality, less expensive bags. Today they are made by Soft, a Chinese company. Neither had Givi's quality. A big thing though is the mounting systems are overly large, heavy and rough in appearance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts