StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I got a similar answer here in Canada which is the main reason I went with Mototech engine guards, centre stnad and racks for my Givi bags.

Very high quality well made staff that bolted right up with no tweeking.

And it is available NOW
Bobb

B

·
0 Posts
I have the model number written down at home. I will post it later cost was $60 Canadian

D

·
0 Posts
Vista cruise lock

Bobb_Tod,

Thanks for the detailed photos. I haven't seen a Vista cruise lock before. It looks like it would be easier to operate than a Throttlemeister, which I'm planning to install. Does it function as it's described..."a cruise lock"....either on or off? Where did you purchase it? The Throttlemeister's variable resistance is sometimes useful, but screwing it in and out on the bar end can be distracting or even unsafe. Sometimes you must take your hand off the throttle to unscrew it, resulting in a sudden deccelaration when the throttle spring closes the throttle before you can get back to it...not fun if you've entered into a flow of traffic.

B

·
0 Posts
My personal opinion is that while the Throttlemeister looks cool it is difficult to regulate and I agree, taking your hand offf the bar to set it is iffy.

I used a standard Vista Cruise for a Honda that I had laying around. It DID require a small custom bracket to fix it to the underside of the throttle control. It basically works in an on/off method.

E

·
0 Posts
Just recieved the mounting hardware from Givi and installed it today. I am using the Suzuki Kappa hard luggage with these mounts. They fit perfectly, and seem well made. The luggage does look big on the bike, and the room for the passengers feet on the pegs looks a bit limited. I will have to have the wife try it out later to see how hard it will be for her to get on the bike. Can't wait to take a trip, should be able to carry everything but the kitchen sink!

·
Registered
89 Posts
The tank bag is the Wolfman explorer I got it through Aerostich. I had to cross the front 2 straps to get the bag to fit properly and the back 2 pass through the tankmount/seat mount thingy @ the back of the tank.

see it here:
"http://mishadbull.tripod.com/lostinamerica/tankbag.jpg"

hope that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts