StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V-Strom 1050XT
1,076 Posts
Got my Givi from Carpimoto in Italy in 3 days !!! No one else had stock. Had to pay $45 CDN duty to DHL though. Glad to have it on, as I had one on the 650 for 8 years. Now I can ride with the visor open with just a fluff of breeze.
The lower portion is much wider and deflects the wind off the arms very well. Going to order the lower bar shield set for the spring and fall weather...2 bolt install...easy switch up.
Yes, there aren't any instructions, but reverse order, dish soap for the rubber grommets and masking tape, help a self install. I taped the OE brackets to the shield and back of the runners so I could line up the bolts. Installing the OE center toggle lightly helps hold the screen in place, while installing the bolts. I couldn't get the OE cover plate to re-install with the little rubber pads in place and found that the bottom of the GIVI touched the black plastic beside the headlight, so I put one of the pads under the screen to stop it from rubbing....anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
‘07 Suzuki DRZ400S, ‘20 Suzuki DL1050XT
39 Posts
Got my Givi from Carpimoto in Italy in 3 days !!! No one else had stock. Had to pay $45 CDN duty to DHL though. Glad to have it on, as I had one on the 650 for 8 years. Now I can ride with the visor open with just a fluff of breeze.
The lower portion is much wider and deflects the wind off the arms very well. Going to order the lower bar shield set for the spring and fall weather...2 bolt install...easy switch up.
Yes, there aren't any instructions, but reverse order, dish soap for the rubber grommets and masking tape, help a self install. I taped the OE brackets to the shield and back of the runners so I could line up the bolts. Installing the OE center toggle lightly helps hold the screen in place, while installing the bolts. I couldn't get the OE cover plate to re-install with the little rubber pads in place and found that the bottom of the GIVI touched the black plastic beside the headlight, so I put one of the pads under the screen to stop it from rubbing....anyone else have this issue?

View attachment 286132

View attachment 286133

View attachment 286134
I have the exact same rubbing issue at the same location. My solution is to leave the lower shield at its max setting using the metal latch on the exterior. Then adjusting the airflow as needed.

I only get rub on that surface when I bottom out the windshield using the OEM slider. At the top most position, it’s fine.

I’m on the fence of sanding down that ridge on the black plastic piece just a touch. Won’t try it until winter at least. But to make sure it doesn’t rub and it can move smoothly.

·
Registered
263 Posts
do you have the mirror extensions also as i hear they also make a difference?
No I don't as I can see okay with the stock mirror mounts.
Anyway far too busy looking forward enjoying the ride to worry about who's behind me... 😆

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I am 5 feet 11” inches. 32 inch inseam. Forgot to mention, I also added the Givi winglet accessory which they call a handlebar protector. It sits below the screen. Not sure how much that part helped but decided to try that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those side deflectors are amazing! Can you give us a review of wind noise and turbulence with or without them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the std 1050A model & the AF3117 screen fowls the two support arms on the lower screens bottom setting ..making the two locking catches impossible to lock into position fully , leaving the top screen loose 😱😱 ..has anyone with the std model found the same as i contacted givi & they say that they have not had any problem with it ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the lower screen set in the middle setting there is not a problem ..but..the lowest setting is perfect for me .

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
That's unfortunate! Don't expect Givi to accept any responsibility. I have gone through that with them for an AirFlow I purchased a while back.

There might be a way to flip the latches upside down if you're careful. Otherwise it appears you can't put the AF in the lowest setting on the 1050...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone know a source for Canadians? Apparently there's no eta or idea of when givi Canada will get a sea can of current stuff in.

Ivan

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I ordered mine from Rick at adventuretech. It took about 2 weeks in total and Canada post didn’t charge any duty when it arrived.

·
Registered
2020 V-Strom 1050XT
1,076 Posts
I have the std 1050A model & the AF3117 screen fowls the two support arms on the lower screens bottom setting ..making the two locking catches impossible to lock into position fully , leaving the top screen loose 😱😱 ..has anyone with the std model found the same as i contacted givi & they say that they have not had any problem with it ..
I had the same issue, but you just need to get your OEM screen slider up a little higher....won't make much difference as your GIvi slider will still be in the middle of the slides giving you lots of adjustment....unless you are 7' tall ;)
As stated as well, I think you can reverse the toggles. Love my Givi...huge difference. Waiting on the lowers from Italy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Givi have got back to me asking for pictures of the screen in the lowest setting , so sent about 12 off to them . See what they come back with .

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've got this screen and I just moved the lower screen up a little so the latches clear the bar and it works fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I've got this screen and I just moved the lower screen up a little so the latches clear the bar and it works fine.
Yeah…. I really don’t understand how this is really even an issue. But maybe it is for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the problem is only with the std 1050 that has to slot into three different bolt holes ...NOT...the XT version that is hand adjusted .

41 - 60 of 60 Posts