StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock shield was passable for me but I was a bit annoyed by the LOUD (for me) wind noise at speed. I like riding witih my face sheild open but really couldn't do that comfortably with the stock shield. I researched a few options and nothing was available for purchase (yet) for the 1050 in the United States. I did stumble upon a vendor in Italy who had the Givi AirFlow available and bought it... not knowing how the purchase experience would play out. To my surprise, about 3 days later, I received the screen and installed it the same day ... then did a short test ride.

My view after a short 20 minute ride on a calm day ----- I absolutely love the screen and I am extremly happy with my pruchase. The annoying wind noise was drastically reduced and I think it looks great on the new 1050. The only real improvement opportunity would be for Givi to add some decent install instructions.

The screen definitely works for me and is highly recommended. (YMMV)

I hope this helps for anyone looking for an aftermarket windshield opton for the new 1050.

·
Registered
264 Posts
How is the sliding adjustment done? Can it be done while riding.
Also it would be good to see a pic of the screen on your bike. Cheers.

·
Registered
2012 DL650A
119 Posts
How is the sliding adjustment done? Can it be done while riding.
Also it would be good to see a pic of the screen on your bike. Cheers.
There are two quick release levers to release to adjust the screen. I suppose you could do it while riding but I'd be a little worried it could come all the way off and then your be stuck holding part of the windscreen.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Givi screen definitely can be adjusted at a stop without getting off the bike. Would NOT try to do it while moving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2015 V2 and will testify with a bible (or not) that the Givi Airflow is a gift from God (and I am a atheist). Buy it, and you will not repent. I can ride with my visor up to 65 mph with very little noise or buffeting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Givi airflow all the way for me. I was close to selling the bike after a 4500 klms European tour last summer because of the awful stock effort. The airflow has transformed the whole bike and it's now a joy on motorways. The joy of the airflow for me is that you can lower it all the way down if you just want to go for a quick spin around town or even remove the top section altogether and throw it back on in seconds.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey Augie - looking forward to your pics, when convenient. I've been looking at the Puig screen which is est to be ready in Dec. It looks good and has wind flow data that shows before and after. How tall are you? I'm 5'10" so that will make a difference. I see that they are now out of stock with no re-stock info available.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am 5 feet 11” inches. 32 inch inseam. Forgot to mention, I also added the Givi winglet accessory which they call a handlebar protector. It sits below the screen. Not sure how much that part helped but decided to try that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This shows the OEM screen with the Givi winglet hand protector accessory BEFORE I installed the Givi AirFlow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

This picture shows the Givi AF set at my preferred riding position. I can look over the top with amazing wind noise relief.

** Note the adjustment levers that are just left and right of the GPS. Perfect positioning. Can be adjusted without getting off the bike.

Hope these pics help.

BUY one before they sell out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great pics - so is it a 2pc system - Main windshield plus the sliding piece? At its highest point are you looking through it or over it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. Two piece solution.

Looking thru it at the highest position. Have not tried that yet on road but guessing this would be the position to use if you have a passenger.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can also remove the top sliding piece all together if you want a stubby shield.

·
Registered
2012 DL650A
119 Posts
A lot of folks report that the AF works optimally with some overlap of the two shields. What you want is acceleration of air in the space between which causes a "wall" of air directed over your head.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes to above. This is likely the magic with this windshield and why Givi has a patent on the design.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So when to bottom part attaches does it delete the stock OEM sliding feature? My OEM sliding feature for the stock shield sucks and always slips down about 1in every 20 miles. Tried to tighten and it doesn't help.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts