StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im looking to updgrade my screen on a '13 model 650. I am pretty much decided on the Givi Airflow (happy to take other suggestions tho). But just wondering who the best stockists will be to source the screen from?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
It depends where you live and if you prefer to buy from a shop or on-line. Most bike shops and bike accessory shops will get in Givi accessories for you. If you prefer to buy on-line, I know that this site is Australian stocks Givi screens aussiebiker.com.au

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just taken delivery of a new 650XT and rode about five klm to realise I needed to upgrade from the stock screen.
The local Suzuki dealer in Brisbane had a Givi Airflow in stock for $215. That is the price with a 10% discount I usually get. There are a couple of places in Sydney I think that supply Givi but they will charge postage. There are a few bike shops around that can order them in for you. Not sure where you are. I had an Airflow on a 2014 650 that I put lots of touring klm and swear by them.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
In New Zealand Oldjeep's suggestion is probably your best option. Check to see if there is anything else Givi that you might want to order at the same time to reduce the shipping hit.
And not just Givi - pretty much anything you want from Motostorm. In my case I bought a Kappa 52L box and a half dozen other parts - they stuck them inside the Kappa (properly packed) and shipped it in the one box. Does save a bunch on the shipping - which on my Kappa and givi case orders in the past has been about $35

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
We have also bought a heap of gear from Motostorm & FCmoto, both have been good to deal with and have saved $$$$. Bought top box & panniers from Motostorm for $500 delivered. Just watch out for the dreaded GST which is now payable on anything over $100 for memory plus the postage.
Some times its cheaper to go local just do your research.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks everyone - appreciate the input. Just picked up my '14 650. The rubber washers on the mounting screws of the original screen are perished, and screen has come away from the bike, so best to just upgrade instead of replace. :)

Wozza, Im in QLD also - will check out the Brisbane Suzuki dealer. They may not keep in stock for an older gen tho.

·
Administrator
5,552 Posts
It is doubtful that you will find one in stock at a dealer. Inventory limitations and a normally good supply chain are the norm for anything other that necessities and clothing these days. A good dealer will have access to the distributor.
Here is a link to the NSW distributor: GIVI Luggage & Parts - GIVI - GIVI AF3101 WINDSCREEN AIRFLOW SLIDING - SUZUKI DL650 V-STROM 11-16- Carlisle Tyres & Accesories
And their dealer network: Motorcycle parts, tyres, tubes & helmets online- Carlisle Tyres & Accesories which does not seem to include QLD.

I have a Givi Airflow. Amazing at highway speeds compared to OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts